Contributor

DH says his sweat smells of metal. Any ideas on what is happening?

Also...any suggestions on a body cleanser?

Respected Contributor

I have no idea but is he taking any supplements that have trace metals?

Contributor

No. He gets sick to his stomach with taking vitamins etc.

Respected Contributor

Does he eat a lot of red meat or things with iron like spinach? Probably best to see his doctor.

Honored Contributor

I worked making copper telephone wire for 30 years. I am talking about drawing a big gauge copper rod down to a thin 26 gauge telephone wire. This goes through a process that creates all kinds of "copper dust" in the air. Couple that with a cool day around these machines being about 95 degrees and thus the problems. Hot, pores open up and inhale this copper dust. Cool down and the pores close entrapping this dust in the body.

I could shower 10 times a day and it would not get the copper out of me. The best thing I found was going into a steam room and staying in there for a long time. I belonged to a health spa and one day I went in a took a good long scrubbing shower. Then I went into the steam room and you could not believe all the copper that was coming out of every pore in my body. I literally would turn my arms a light tan color.

Sauna ain't gonna work because it lacks moisture. Sure it will open the pores but it will also make it possible for dehydration to be a factor so you cannot stay in one of them long enough to do any good.

If you husband works around metal, especially a job where he sweats a ton, steam my also be the answer for him it he has this in his pores. I found no soap that would do anything unless my pores were open and open for a very long time. I went to this health spa 3 days every week and there was not a time I didn't bleed copper every time I went into the steam room.

This is part of my story from my job and maybe it might help you help your husband. I hope so.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Ingredient(s) in his deodorant/antiperspirant?

Super Contributor
On 5/6/2014 hckynut said:

I worked making copper telephone wire for 30 years. I am talking about drawing a big gauge copper rod down to a thin 26 gauge telephone wire. This goes through a process that creates all kinds of "copper dust" in the air. Couple that with a cool day around these machines being about 95 degrees and thus the problems. Hot, pores open up and inhale this copper dust. Cool down and the pores close entrapping this dust in the body.

I could shower 10 times a day and it would not get the copper out of me. The best thing I found was going into a steam room and staying in there for a long time. I belonged to a health spa and one day I went in a took a good long scrubbing shower. Then I went into the steam room and you could not believe all the copper that was coming out of every pore in my body. I literally would turn my arms a light tan color.

Sauna ain't gonna work because it lacks moisture. Sure it will open the pores but it will also make it possible for dehydration to be a factor so you cannot stay in one of them long enough to do any good.

If you husband works around metal, especially a job where he sweats a ton, steam my also be the answer for him it he has this in his pores. I found no soap that would do anything unless my pores were open and open for a very long time. I went to this health spa 3 days every week and there was not a time I didn't bleed copper every time I went into the steam room.

This is part of my story from my job and maybe it might help you help your husband. I hope so.

Wow! That is amazing. Do you think it did you any harm? If your body encapsulated that much copper, do you think your lungs did as well?

Honored Contributor
On 5/6/2014 D Oro said:
On 5/6/2014 hckynut said:

Wow! That is amazing. Do you think it did you any harm? If your body encapsulated that much copper, do you think your lungs did as well?

Hi D Oro

I really can't connect directly any of my respiratory problems to that job. I've had pneumonia a total of 3 times. Two of them were just regular pneumonia and the other was the Aspiration Pneumonia I had with my first heart attack. Now had my lungs not had such huge capacity from my physical fitness level, I would have probably died from the fluid in my lungs.

Did attend 20 COPD Rehab Classes after I got some strength back after that heart attack and some of the ton of fluids out of my lungs. Took over a year and a whole lot of treatments and work with the "Motivator" at home before I could get back into any exercise that was even close to what I did pre-heart attack.

Told all of my health issues here many times so I will leave most of it out. Suffice it to say that I had 8 different times where I was faced with issues that kill thousands of people every day and I somehow managed to still be here.

Many of my co-workers didn't fare as well as me. Quite a few of them died of cancer and some other types of respiratory diseases. I know a lot of them suffered from emphysema and other breathing issues. I was fortunate and I think my hard exercising for running Road Races and playing and being a Ref in ice hockey helped me fight off these things better than some others that worked in the same environment.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor
On 5/6/2014 HappyDaysRcomin said:

DH says his sweat smells of metal. Any ideas on what is happening?

Do you think he smells like metal? Do other people think he smells like metal? Maybe the problem is his sense of smell?

Btw, I don't think metal by itself has a smell.

Honored Contributor