Honored Contributor

Re: Menopause forum??

[ Edited ]
@tends2dogs wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

All mine started when I was around 40 or so. I don't have any of the hot flashes or night sweats. I'm still using Emerita bioidentical progesterone cream & take EPO (evening primrose oil). I was doing pretty good up until about 4 months ago or so. I thought I was finished with all this. Now I'm having the headaches, mood swings, irritability, emotional symptoms back which I hate. They make me a terrible person which I'm not.

@Nightowlz  This same thing happened to me about 8 or 9 months ago, plus a few other symptoms.  My PA checked my levels and come to find out, my progesterone was converting to estrogen.  I felt uptight, etc......kind of like the old PMS days.  Once I went off the progesterone, it didn't take long for it all to straighten out. 

I didn't go back on the BIHs.  That was my choice.  I feel good, sleep good, good mood, no weight gain, however I do have the dryness that goes along with menopause.  Smiley Sad

You may want to check your levels and see if that is what is going on with you.

I think that's what is going on. I stopped using the Emerita about 5 wks ago. I also started taking Andrew Lessman's Womens Wellness to see if it would help. I already feel better. I still need to balance my hormones so I thought I would try Andrew's product. I don't want to go on BHRT go in for regular testing etc. 

7 Dwarfs of Menopause.jpg

Trusted Contributor

When people talk about night sweats, I wanted to see if it's the same thing I'm experiencing. I've had a few hot flashes in my life, so I know what those feel like, but these are just around my the back of my neck. I will wake up during the night and have lots of sweating behind my neck. Not the rest of me. Is that what is considered "night sweats"? Been having them for 10+ years.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004