Honored Contributor

Andrew Lessman sells a sleep product on HSN called Night Time. The melatonin content is 1.5 mg combined with other sleep inducing herbs and minerals. I have been taking this product for quite a while without side effects, although I did have the so called nightmares for a week or so when I first started on the supplement. Like any other over the counter med. it loses it effectiveness over time.

Honored Contributor

My dr told me never to take more than 2g melatonin. You'll find anywhere from 1-10 mg in stores but I never needed that much. I've heard other doctors on tv say people take too much. I take 1g every night about an hour before bed. I get them from GNC online because I don't want other herbs, etc in with it. Depending on your health issues, the other herbs may conflict with your medication or treatment.

Fyi, melatonin doesn't put you to sleep but it helps with the brain chemicals to allow you to sleep. You need to be on it for at least a couple of weeks before you'll begin to see changes.

Respected Contributor

5HTP works much better for me, I've tried both and 5HTP seems to be the winner.

Regular Contributor
On 1/14/2015 baker said:

Andrew Lessman sells a sleep product on HSN called Night Time. The melatonin content is 1.5 mg combined with other sleep inducing herbs and minerals. I have been taking this product for quite a while without side effects, although I did have the so called nightmares for a week or so when I first started on the supplement. Like any other over the counter med. it loses it effectiveness over time.

My 11 year old grandson, who lives with us, has taken this for the last 18 months. The dr. put him on melatonin a number of years ago. He was to take it for a period of time and then skip a week. He has always had a lot of trouble with sleep and would be up in the middle of the night while his parents were asleep. Then, he couldn't get up in the morning when he was taking just melatonin. He slept, but it was not a restful sleep and he was difficult to wake up. With Night Time, he falls asleep with no trouble and wakes up refreshed in the morning. He has improved so much with paying attention in class and being rested that I would not be without this. He is in the 6th grade and is taking a compressed math class for 7th/8th grade math. He has all A's in everything else. I truly credit Night Time with much of this because he sleeps well and wakes up refreshed. He only takes one capsule. He likes the way he feels so much that he never has to be reminded to take the capsule. The added herbs and minerals have made all the difference for him. I just purchased the 360 count bottle for $79. That will last one year. IT IS SO WORTH IT!!!

Honored Contributor
On 1/14/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

My dr told me never to take more than 2g melatonin. You'll find anywhere from 1-10 mg in stores but I never needed that much. I've heard other doctors on tv say people take too much. I take 1g every night about an hour before bed. I get them from GNC online because I don't want other herbs, etc in with it. Depending on your health issues, the other herbs may conflict with your medication or treatment.

Fyi, melatonin doesn't put you to sleep but it helps with the brain chemicals to allow you to sleep. You need to be on it for at least a couple of weeks before you'll begin to see changes.

for me, it helps me fall asleep......i dont have problems staying asleep, but i do have problems falling asleep.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

You could also try Magnesium and Valerian for sleep.

Honored Contributor
On 1/14/2015 baker said:

Looks very similar to the ingredients on the Dream Water I am using

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

I have no trouble falling asleep. I wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning and then cannot go back to sleep. My doctor recommended "Midnight" (found in the sleep aid department). You take one tablet that melts in your mouth and helps you back to sleep very quickly.. Contains melatonin, puts me back to sleep, yet I wake up at my regular time feeling fine.

Occasional Contributor
I also use Midnight.....my doctor told me that it was fine to take. It helps me sleep and get back to sleep if I wake up at night.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Someone at work suggested it when I was going through a sleepless period. I don't remember the strength, but it didn't do anything for me. When I mentioned it to the Dr, she gave me a prescription for sleeping pills. I filled it, but never took them.