Respected Contributor

Medication/Supplement Daily Organizer

How do you organize your daily prescriptions and supplements?  I am taking several and bought this thinking it would be a great way to organize them, but it is too shallow and won't hold enough.  I really need a 5 or 6 times a day deep holder...lol...do they make one of those?

618l2WYsJcL._SX522_.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Medication/Supplement Daily Organizer

@Ainhisg wrote:

How do you organize your daily prescriptions and supplements?  I am taking several and bought this thinking it would be a great way to organize them, but it is too shallow and won't hold enough.  I really need a 5 or 6 times a day deep holder...lol...do they make one of those?

618l2WYsJcL._SX522_.jpg

@Ainhisg  If you google “medicine organizers”, there’s a boatload to choose from...all shapes and sizes.

Trusted Contributor

My nearby Walgreens has a whole wall of these kinds of pill containers and organizers. I saw one that has compartments for morning, midday and night for each of 7 days. 21 compartments holds loads of pills instead of one compartment for each day.

. There are also organizers with just the 7 days marked but very deep receptacles because many medications are larger tablets or capsules, so they need room. Don’t buy without examining what you’re getting and you’ll have a useful pill organizer and have more confidence getting your meds taken properly. 

I cited Walgreens, but every large chain pharmacy sells this stuff. If you buy online, read dimensions for the product or reviews to make sure capacity is sufficient.  

Super Contributor

I got a bigger one at the dollar store.  If that doesn't work then get two and use one for the AM and one for PM pills.  Hope you find what works best for you.

Honored Contributor

I've often wondered if I needed something like that. But after much thought I figured if I get to a point where I cannot organize the pills I take then I must be taking too many! LOL!Woman LOL So, when I get to that point, then I'm going to stop and think about it...and hopefully start eliminating to keep things simple and safe. That's just me. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus. Thank you.  Yes, I have found a ton on Amazon but don't always trust the reviews as the reviews for this one said it would hold a lot...ha!  lol  I did read the dimensions for it and wondered about that, but against my better judgement...bought it anyway.  At least it was only $6 and change.  I was wanting to know recommendations from people on the board who have one they like or maybe even a different organizational method.  

Trusted Contributor

I take a ton of vitamins and medication each day and have never found an organizer that would hold much. I use egg cartons, cut in two, each one having 6 slots to put my pills in. I reuse them and that's been my way and it's worked out for years. When I go away, I put them in sandwich baggies for each time I have to take them.

Respected Contributor

@wishmoon, now that is an ingenious idea!  Thanks for sharing!

Regular Contributor

Go to a craft store like Joanns or Hobby Lobby, they have many organizers that work well has pill dispensers. You get a coupon and they will be cheaper too.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg

I use this one, from CVS.

CVS Health Weekly AM/PM Pill Case.

You might like this version.

CVS Health 4-A-Day Weekly Pill Planner with Easy Press N' Open Buttons.