Super Contributor

Where do you buy your meds

Levemir. novalog. and humilog

it adding up to 600.00 per month anybody get theirs out of the country??

Thx

Valued Contributor

rockydog1:

I'm also in the donut hole already, it's just a disgrace how easy it is to get in there but how nearly impossible it is to get out.  I use an AARP Prescription plan and I mail order through OptimumRX.  It's the least expense I found.  

Does your prescription plan have a mail away service?  If so, call and ask them what their costs are for your meds.

Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

My DH is in the donut hole, too.  His meds are so expensive.  I just don't understand why this has to happen in this day and age.

Respected Contributor

I do know someone who ordered from Canada because she made 2 dollars more than the allowed income for a Rx subsidy. She had a choice of an Asian-made generic or a Canadian generic, which was more expensive but she saved a lot. All she could do. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Medicare donnut hole

[ Edited ]

I know that the Medicare Donut hole is still there but my understanding is that the ObamaCare legislation, which Congress passed, is phasing the donut hole out over time but I don't know what the timeframe is. 

I recently did a very quick internet search to verify this info and I think what I said above is accurate. Does anyone have any more specific information about this? I'm particularly curious because I have two elderly parents and earlier this year one of them was put on a medication which was $500/month. Fortunately it was only needed for a month (and the first month was free). 

Thanks, in advance. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
I'm sorry i don't know the name of the site, but when there was a shortage of Armour Thyroid a pharmacist recommended a Canadian pharmacy to a relative. Know that's no help but at least you know there are some legit Canadian websites. Maybe someone else has used one. It was much cheaper too. Good luck.
Super Contributor

When I have to pay I use GOOD RX ap on my IPhone. I just paid $132 for a drug listed for $300. Give it a try.

Honored Contributor
I've never heard mention of a Canadian pharmacy that wasn't legit. Canada is not a Third World Country. They are just as likely to serve you well as any US pharmacy, perhaps more so since they're accustomed to doing mail order business
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor
Super Contributor

does anyone know the name of a Canadian Phamacy??