Honored Contributor

Re: Medicare Prescription Coverage

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox Sorry I can't advise you on this. My advantage plan includes Rx coverage and the tier 3 & tier 4 are covered fully after I meet a $500 deductible - in each of those tiers, so I could possibly have to pay $1000. However that would be a small amount to pay for the very expensive drugs covered by those tiers after the deductible is met. I'm also pretty sure (though not 100% sure) that we don't have to worry about a donut hole - where they don't pay at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox  Check with your local stores to see if you can get them cheaper.  Here, Publix has free and low cost prescriptions and WalMart has several $4 meds.

Maybe you will be lucky enough to be able to use them.

Valued Contributor

If you go to medicare.gov - you enter a list of your prescriptions.  Then you choose up to 3 (I think) of part D plans in your area and they will tell you what it will cost.  I do that every fall since as you found out - coverage can change.   At least you have the ability to switch Part D plans.

Honored Contributor

if one goes to GoodRx.com

it will tell you what each plan costs per month and how much $ will be charged for each med. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

if one goes to GoodRx.com

it will tell you what each plan costs per month and how much $ will be charged for each med. HTH

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say @LTT1, but GoodRX has nothing to do with Medicare.  It's just giving you a discount off the regular price that a pharmacy charges.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

On Good RX one of the meds I use is price out this way

Qnasl 8.7g of 80mcg
3 inhalers

Discounted price 

Which  is 468 dollars more a quarter or 1872 dollars a year

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@LexaMom  Thank you I have already tried the Medicare site, the pricing is 200 more a month for the 3 , tier 3 medications

@LexaMom wrote:

If you go to medicare.gov - you enter a list of your prescriptions.  Then you choose up to 3 (I think) of part D plans in your area and they will tell you what it will cost.  I do that every fall since as you found out - coverage can change.   At least you have the ability to switch Part D plans.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I had Medicare D coverage for nine years and it did not cover my Synthroid. I kept it that long because they said it would increase in price the longer I waited to enroll. Well, when it went up to 60.00 per month  I cancelled it. My pharmacy gave me a discount card when I no longer had prescription insurance coverage and the discount is as much as the discount when I had Medicare D.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox

Qnasal is a name brand which means no money off. I used that rx at one time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack

Every time I go to goodrx I discover something new.

I will post a screen shot of one of my rx searches so it can be seen how to “navigate” to the spot on their site.

here is how I hope this is clear.

F0522CE6-84D3-4D2D-AC40-187CCB84BE54.jpeg

D926DA4C-E6CF-4051-B37E-8CE4F6F16545.jpeg

4604363D-DDF6-45BC-B302-77678CFAFF7C.jpeg

CEFAA6AD-4A9F-4048-8D28-C31043051280.jpeg