Valued Contributor

I have been using Humana for my prescriptions mailed to me for two years. The monthly premium has gone up each year but not by much. This year for 2020 the premium will be more than doubled. I called them but was told they had a heavy volume of calls.  

Anyone else having a similar situation? I live in Pa. Thank You.

Honored Contributor

I had SilverScript in 2019 but was told that my plan wasn't available for 2020 and they wouldn't be covering one of my drugs. So I had to change plans. I signed up with Humana Walmart RX plan that will cover all of my meds, has a dirt cheap monthly payment and has a comparable deductible. And even though its through Walmart, I can still use my local drug store. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Re: Medicare Part D

[ Edited ]

I changed to AARP United Walgreens from Silver Scripts. Now all my meds are $0 copay

Valued Contributor

Make an appointment with an independent insurance person.  They are happy to review your meds and the different plans.  Makes it so much easier.  Even though we don't take any prescriptions we buy the cheapest plan to avoid penalties.

Honored Contributor

Yes, we got the same increase.  However, the original plan we had which cost $13+/month  IS available.  Do not know why Humana automatically put us in a more expensive plan.  Neither DH or I take any prescription drugs.  

If the Humana plan was going to be that expensive we were ready to switch to Wellcare which is under $15/month.

Nothing is simple!!  Good luck!

Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone for your help. I was able to finally enroll in a plan. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I also went with the Walmart Drug Plan....good rate...I live close to Walmart... I generally go there about once a month...so this plan works perfectly for me....

Esteemed Contributor

Medicare. gov has a link on the site to find Part D plans.