Respected Contributor

@plc123 wrote:

We have a high deducitble plan right now and the cost is terrible. It is more then our house payment.

AARP has insurance they promote. I do not believe you have to be a member, but membership cost is minimal. They will probably direct you to the insurance providers themselves to answer your inquiries.

I have tried to think of other alternatives but I am at a loss. Boy do we need an insurance opportunity for everyone! I did not realize there was an income restriction on the Federal program. I just assumed it was a sliding scale.

Honored Contributor

Check out your options under the Affordable Care Act.  It is truly a blessing.

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

Pressure has to be put on our congressional representatives to get moving on getting these costs lowered substantially. Drug costs, medical costs, and hospitalization charges are completely out of whack. We seem to be the only developed country with these problems.

This is not a political problem. It is a corporate greed problem that affects every one of us.

@On It 

Not a political problem? All I will say ! 

Greed? That too!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut I know the problem source. but was walking a tightrope to avoid being poofed. (spell check keeps changing poofed to pooped) Regardless, I hope Americans wake up and realize we are all in this together. Political affiliation is irrelevant when paying these soaring medical costs.

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

@hckynut I know the problem source. but was walking a tightrope to avoid being poofed. (spell check keeps changing poofed to pooped) Regardless, I hope Americans wake up and realize we are all in this together. Political affiliation is irrelevant when paying these soaring medical costs.

@On It 

I whole heartedly agree. Americans, yes! But if only it were!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Thank you everyone

Trusted Contributor

look into indemnity plans. they are a good bridge until Medicare.

Super Contributor

Thank you

Honored Contributor

@plc123   You might look into the health sharing programs like Liberty, Christian Health care, etc.  You SHARE health care bills.  I used that type of insurance when my medical insurance went to $1000/month several years ago.  

There are several different companies to choose from and each has their own rules/regulation that you adhere to.  It will take some research on your part but it was well worth it to me.  I was able to transition to medicare last year.

Honored Contributor

@plc123 ...DH and I were also self employed. My husband was already on medicare, I was to young.  We also did not quality for Obama care.