Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

What I don't understand is why medical marijuana is being sold to smoke.  If you are ill and need the medical marijuana to ease your pain why in the world would you smoke it and destroy your lungs?  It surprises me that the government allowed this.  I believe It should be edible only.  What do you think? Between smoking the marijuana and this vapor craze, the Pulmonary doctors will be quite busy.

And I don't understand why cigarettes are being sold to smoke. Of the more than 7,000 chemicals in tobacco smoke, at least 250 are known to be harmful, including hydrogen cyanidecarbon monoxide, and ammonia.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@Carmie : I'm confused (and I thought I understood MM) but if you can't smoke it OR consume it, WHAT can you do with it?????

This really is nothing I know alot about, but my sister, who would never touch such a thing was given pills when she was dying of cancer. Her daughter ,my niece is now taking it for cancer pain. I am on Plavix which they will not give me anything for pain, which was a painful pulled shoulder. My Son, who is a retired drug policeman, got me CDB, it was drops you put under your tongue, once a day, trying to help me out. I should have put a drop of anything, because it did absolutely nothing for me. After a week, I quit it. I'm not in favor of any of this.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie   So I have to ask, if they're not allowing MM to be smoked and they're not allowing edibles, what exactly has been approved?

I'm confused by your statement 'you can't get high from it'. Can you please explain what this means?

Your governor is also now making the jump from MM to recreational. Quite a quick leap I'd say too. Wonder how this will play out.

Just looking for more info.Thanks

Honored Contributor

@HLP   There are MANY types of MM being grown, processed for pain. Perhaps you need a different type/strength of MM to help you work through your pain. If you had your own MM card you could easily then go to a dispensary and talk with an employee to help you with a better variety of MM.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie   I read through your response of how (your) new law reads. I get it now.

No need to respond to my questions on this.

Contributor

@KitCat1  Let me just say that taking a hit or two off a MJ could help people sleep, relax, possibly take  pain away and lower your risk of diabities. Also maybe even be more creative.  What benefits did smoking a cigarette give you?  

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

What I don't understand is why medical marijuana is being sold to smoke.  If you are ill and need the medical marijuana to ease your pain why in the world would you smoke it and destroy your lungs?  It surprises me that the government allowed this.  I believe It should be edible only.  What do you think? Between smoking the marijuana and this vapor craze, the Pulmonary doctors will be quite busy.

And I don't understand why cigarettes are being sold to smoke. Of the more than 7,000 chemicals in tobacco smoke, at least 250 are known to be harmful, including hydrogen cyanidecarbon monoxide, and ammonia.

Cigarettes are still being sold because our government likes the tax revenue they being in.  In many states the tax is $3 to over $4 pack. Other states tax rate is lower.

In Virginia where most cigarettes are made the tax is only $.84 a pack. The NY tax is $4.76 a pack.  Taxes include both state and federal.

Honored Contributor

Re: Medical Marijuana

[ Edited ]

Florida just began allowing smokeable marijuana in medical dispensaries this past January. I’m glad because not every patient wants to vape it or use oils or tinctures. When my husband first became a patient the tincture dosing bottle would leak and way more cannabis than he wanted would get in his mouth. He didn’t like the tinctures. Florida doesnt allow edibles yet. He was vaping but this has changed. He’s glad he can use prerolled smokeable THC or CBD medicine until the vape situation is controlled. He could bring home the genuine flower of the plants from the medical dispensary and we could take small amounts and bake them into cookies or brownies or make a butter. He is also going to see if the dispensaries have improved their oil and tincture bottles and the method these products deliver the medicines. We are thrilled with his most recent ophthalmologist visit for his glaucoma. The doctor told him to keep using the THC, it lowers interocular pressure.

Honored Contributor

Re: Medical Marijuana

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

Florida just began allowing smokeable marijuana in medical dispensaries this past January. I’m glad because not every patient wants to vape it or use oils or tinctures. When my husband first became a patient the tincture dosing bottle would leak and way more cannabis than he wanted would get in his mouth. He didn’t like the tinctures. Florida doesnt allow edibles yet. He was vaping but this has changed. He’s glad he can use prerolled smokeable THC or CBD medicine until the vape situation is controlled. He could bring home the genuine flower of the plants from the medical dispensary and we could take small amounts and bake them into cookies or brownies or make a butter. He is also going to see if the dispensaries have improved their oil and tincture bottles and the method these products deliver the medicines. We are thrilled with his most recent ophthalmologist visit for his glaucoma. The doctor told him to keep using the THC, it lowers interocular pressure.

@Mindy D 

You do know you have to put the pot in the oven first before making canna butter to use in baking or cooking to convert THCA to THC? It's called decarboxylate. You can make your own edibles. There are recipes online if you search for them. I even found one to make your own gummies.

They have all kinds of edibles here. They even have it in ice cream, brownies, suckers, cookies, gummies, caramels, peanut butter cups etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Here in MI there has been mm for years and more recently approved for recreational use. I don't partake, never have.

That said, I would be concerned because of the growing number of tainted products. Arsenic has been found as well as artificial mj in products which can be quite toxic.

They figure if you want it bad enough to injest it you'll use it now and ask your questions later. Just like the line for opiods.