Honored Contributor

What I don't understand is why medical marijuana is being sold to smoke.  If you are ill and need the medical marijuana to ease your pain why in the world would you smoke it and destroy your lungs?  It surprises me that the government allowed this.  I believe It should be edible only.  What do you think? Between smoking the marijuana and this vapor craze, the Pulmonary doctors will be quite busy.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

All along through the years I could never understand why people seemed to think that smoking cigarettes was something bad, but smoking pot was good. Smoking =smoking. There is no difference. Yes, I know some of the ingrediants are different, but it still boils down to inhaling something that produces smoke and puts it in your lungs. When the store I worked in banned smoking, so many men thought that ONLY meant cigartettes, so they came in with their pipes and cigars. The make up of the product may be a little different, but it's still smoke. It still goes into the mouth, the lungs, and my bosses worry, the clothing. Brownies, cup cakes whatever for medicine, fine. But, inhaled smoke is still something that isn't good for the mouth or the lungs.

Honored Contributor

Here in PA, MM is now allowed.  They do not allow any that can be smoked or consumed. You can't get high from it.

Right  now our governor is looking at legalizing recreational  marijuana.  I can't believe it.  It took YEARS to get the MM legalized.  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie  Illinois legalized recreational marijuana.  What a mess.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Medical Marijuana

[ Edited ]

Colorado, the trail blazer for recreational use of pot, is now dealing with the consequences. Would be smart if others would learn from their mistakes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Medical Marijuana

[ Edited ]

@Carmie : I'm confused (and I thought I understood MM) but if you can't smoke it OR consume it, WHAT can you do with it?????

Contributor

I live in Massachusetts and marijuana is legal to grow and smoke.  The difference between smoking cigs and a joint is that when you smoke a joint you don't smoke the whole thing at once by yourself.  Cigarette smoking is like a pack a day or more done by one person.  

Honored Contributor

@bourgs4  The joint you smoke with others can still do damage.  Some people smoke marijuana all the time by themselves.  It does not make sense to put smoke in your lungs, believe me, I use to smoke cigarettes and it did damage to me so it really amazed me that people with medical issues would smoke it.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Here in PA, MM is now allowed.  They do not allow any that can be smoked or consumed. You can't get high from it.

Right  now our governor is looking at legalizing recreational  marijuana.  I can't believe it.  It took YEARS to get the MM legalized.  

It's happening now  because there is alot of money to be made off this commodity which has alot of lobbyist's wining and dining our politicians .  They don't give a hoot abt people's health and how many will develop lung cancer  just as they  developed lung cancer from cigarettes . 

Honored Contributor

@patbz   I suppose I should have said you cannot buy food products with MMJ in it such as brownies and cookies.

What  is available is shown below.  I understand they are talking about adding the type that can be smoked soon.  Not all variries of what is listed is available in all dispensaries.

40E037C9-D3BE-4649-94C4-C5867C16C4FC.jpeg