Respected Contributor

Re: Medical Marijuana....asking for advice about it for pain..

[ Edited ]

@deja vu   Take whatever means is necessary to help with your pain.  Medical marijuana or marijuana in any form should be legal in every state.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie :  I think you are wrong about cost of mj going down (once they authorize recreational).  The feeling among dispensary professionals is that recreational also affects price of medical (supply/demand and taxes affect med and rec even though cost varies between med and rec).

Contributor

I took up gardening a few years ago and planting in containers.  I'm pretty good at both now.  So I'm ready when its legal to grow in my state--just wondering how much the seeds will be?   I havent seen seeds in my marijuana for a long time.  My "weed man"(he's dispensed to me for about 25 years) just has the seedless kind now. 

Trusted Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@deja vu   Take whatever means is necessary to help with your pain.  Medical marijuana or marijuana in any form should be legal in every state.   

Amen to that...and I believe it will be legal in all states in various forms soon..a few yrs. my guess...supp to be medical here in 2021 from my studies and what my Drs are saying...right now I'm already on the strong pain pills, and have weened myself from 2 separate ones to only one..... I'm sure the gov. is wanting a big profit from it..and will get it in due time. thx

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

@patbz   Right now in PA Medical MJ is 5 to 7 times more expensive to buy legally than what is available on the street.  You must pay cash and it is $60 to $144 per gram.  Only the non smoking kind is available.

Many people are eligible and get their ducks in order and are approved, but find they cannot afford it. Some of the MJ stores are closing for lack of business.

This is not working so well in PA.  I am not in favor of recreational drugs being legal, but it is so sad to see people suffer because they cannot afford their meds.

Our governor's office has said the cost of Med. MJ should go down if reactional us is legal...who knows?

Honored Contributor

@gumboluver   Smoking MJ is harmful to our bodies the same as tobacco and alcohol.  medical  MJ does not make you high and Is a better choice for lung health.

There are many things sold that can cause our bodies harm and adults are free to use them at their own risk.

In states that have legalized the use of recreational MJ, fatal car crashes have gone up.  Just as some people drive drunk, they drive while high too. There are problems as people do not act responsibility.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in a legal state and am lucky enough to be able to travel to a chronic pain clinic at a large teaching hospital.  Not at all the same as pain management.

Of course we talk about this.  Seems to only work for some but the dr will need to be onboard.

Contributor

No Carmie, marijuana is not harmful to our bodies like alcohol & tobacco.  Where did that info come from?

Honored Contributor

@gumboluver   I don't want this thread to go off track.  The information is available out there.  Either google it or go to your local library for more info.  

Contributor

I just had to respond on the bad advice given to this poster that had the question.