Respected Contributor

At my last visit my pain doc said I was a good candidate for medical m j. Now, I was born in the mid 50's so I guess he assumed I'd been familiar with mj. Well, I'm not! I was one of "those" kids who did exactly as my parents wanted!  So, the doc suggested I begin by using hemp oil first. He said it has the pain relief properties without the "high". I researched it well and it's supposed to be the next "aspirin" meaning it addresses a wide variety of causes of pain with an extremely low possibility of overdosing.

So, I tried the hemp oil. I got the brand my doc recommended. You can buy it flavored with mint, vanilla, or  unflavored . I got the mint. You put a have dropper full under the tongue a couple times a day. It takes a bit to build up in your body. When I had used up the first bottle (about three weeks later) I couldn't honestly say whether it really helped or I was just out of my "flare". So, I waited to re-order. I decided to try again. My dh ordered the other brand the doc suggested. It was so disgusting I passed it on to dh and he reordered my first. Then, I began to feel extremely bad! I felt trembly 24/7! I was dizzy , had unstop ping hot flashes and I was "out of it"! I began to have a pain in the left-mid chest and was told by doc to go to ER. Once they heard chest pain, nausea, left shoulder and arm pain, they only looked for heart prob! I wanted to know why I had been feeling so bad for so long! So, I stopped the drops, but I don't have any way to know for sure that is what caused me to feel so poorly as there were other coincidental issue. I just wondered if anyone had tried these drops and had any issues ?

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

You have alot of medical issues so it is hard to determine what caused this. Did you ever get your hyperthyroidism meds fixed so that your hyperthyroidism is better controlled. As I've said numerous times to you, if you your hyperthyroidism goes uncontrolled for a long period of time you can get alot of those same symptoms. It is a serious issue and you really need to get it controlled ASAP. I doubt it was the hemp oil, especially since it does not contain the THC. Hemp oil is pretty innocuous.

Honored Contributor

Because you have a negative view of it, you may have been haviing an anxiety reaction to using it.

Honored Contributor

I would use prescribed medical MJ in a heartbeat. It's not legal in our state. I never used it as a young adult either.

I think the more open one is to alternative treatments, the more likely one will be successful in using them.

If you're pretty sure that something WON'T work for you, you'll probably be right.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Because you have a negative view of it, you may have been haviing an anxiety reaction to using it.

Excellent point.

Honored Contributor

I don't see OP having a *negative view* of it.  She simply stated she never used it before. 

I guess I'm really surprised there is painkiller capabilities to pot.  It wasn't a painkiller back then, I guess they *switched it up* somehow?

I can't imagine anything being smoked could be good for you, but I guess it's in smokeless form now.

I do use hemp seed for protein sometimes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Medical MJ or hemp oil?

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I don't see OP having a *negative view* of it.  She simply stated she never used it before. 

I guess I'm really surprised there is painkiller capabilities to pot.  It wasn't a painkiller back then, I guess they *switched it up* somehow?

I can't imagine anything being smoked could be good for you, but I guess it's in smokeless form now.

Nope, always has had painkilling capabilities and ability to reduce inflammation but was mired under all the bad press and much misinformation and, of course, the illegality of it. It is also known to provide relief from severe seizures- many children that have had seizures several times a day are able to go days if not weeks without any incidents. And yes, the THC, which is the "high" compoenent, is removed from it as the THC is NOT what is responsibe for the beneficial components of the substance.

You do not need to smoke anything to get the benefits- you can eat it, drink it, use sublingual drops, etc.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Nope, always has had painkilling capabilities and ability to reduce inflammation but was mired under all the bad press and much misinformation and, of course, the illegality of it. It is also known to provide relief from severe seizures- many children that have had seizures several times a day are able to go days if not weeks without any incidents. And yes, the THC, which is the "high" compoenent, is removed from it as the THC is NOT what is responsibe for the beneficial components of the substance.

You do not need to smoke anything to get the benefits- you can eat it, drink it, use sublingual drops, etc.

Then that is a good thing that they were able to removed the *tick* from it and people won't be high, but still get relief from pain, seizures, etc. 

Especially since most painkillers are addictive as they do get people high and that's why doctors have to be very careful in prescribing.

(The *smokelessness* is definitely an added plus-- as even a third grader would know that!)

Honored Contributor

@Imadickens

I must have missed my medical classes the day they explained what "mj" means. Never mind, I figured out it is weed.

All I know is that I wouldn't get that stuff in my system by any method. I have many things that end in "itis", some much worse than others. Also because of my colon bleeding issues I cannot take any type anti-inflammatory meds or opioids. For pain I am stuck with Tylenol type meds, and for my heart, one 81mg baby aspirin.

If I see my nephew, who is an Anesthesiologist and owns Pain Clinics in the USA and South Korea, I will run this by him and see what he says about it. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: Medical MJ or hemp oil?

[ Edited ]

Sorry you are having medical issues and you should see your doctor. After you get things under control you could try the hemp oil again for pain. I seriously doubt it caused all those symptoms. I admit I smoked plenty of pot in my day. LOL!!! I see nothing wrong with it. If it was legal here I would probably do it again.