Honored Contributor

Re: Measles making a comeback?

On 2/13/2015 AnotherView2 said:

Per Snopes.com, the whistleblower story mentioned in Jersey Born's post #141 is FALSE! :

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/cdcwhistleblower.asp

Thank you. It's crazy conspiracy theories like that which have a negative effect on the health of others.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Carmie said:

Times have sure changed from when I was a child. Measels were a right of passage for children in the 50's and 60's. Mothers used to take their children to the home of a friend who had the measels so that their children could "get it over with."

I remember having the measles twice (2 different types) and it wasn't as bad as the chickenpox for me.

I am glad that there are now vaccines for these diseases and all parents should consider them. I didn't hesitate to have my children vaccinated and I had to pay for them. Insurance did not cover preventative medicine when my kids were small.

I remember polio and seeing children suffer from this horrible disease. My own father had both feet and legs crippled by polio when he was 6 mos old.

Back in those days, prior to the vaccine, measles killed 6000 people a year and hospitalized 48,000 prior to the vaccine.

It also caused deafness.

You and I were lucky we survived.

Honored Contributor

Measles Prior To The Vaccine:

In 1912, measles became a nationally notifiable disease in the United States, requiring U.S. healthcare providers and laboratories to report all diagnosed cases. In the first decade of reporting, an average of 6,000 measles-related deaths were reported each year.

In the decade before 1963 when a vaccine became available, nearly all children got measles by the time they were 15 years of age. It is estimated 3 to 4 million people in the United States were infected each year. Also each year an estimated 400 to 500 people died, 48,000 were hospitalized, and 4,000 suffered encephalitis (swelling of the brain) from measles.

http://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/history.html

Super Contributor

On 1/23/2015 qualitygal said:

Think parents quit getting the kids vaccinated for fear of another problem. We used to HAVE to get them vaccinated before the kids could even go to school. I guess now they don't have to. So, outbreak.

Exactly. When did public schools stop requiring kids to have vaccines before they entered school? This wasn't optional, when my children were in school. And every parent I knew had their children vaccinated. It was just something you did, to protect your children. I never knew anyone that refused to vaccinate their children. This is a dangerous new "trend" and I hope it stops.

Measles is terrible and children can die. I got measles- rubella and rubeola- before the vaccine was either available or before I had the chance to get it, I don't remember. I would have to ask my mother. I don't even have any shot records now, the only shot record I have is in a baby book where my mother kept all our shot records. It is just her handwriting and the dates administered.

I think the parents that are not having their children vaccinated, are a younger generation of parents, who did not have the measles as children and don't remember how terrible it is and how sick you can get from it. Sad that some parents have bought into the autism scare and aren't smart enough to know that vaccines are the single best weapon against childhood diseases.

Respected Contributor

Not to worry, all of you who feel forced vaccinations are necessary to protect the public health. Forced MMR vaccines, forced flu shots, forced every single CDC recommended shot in existence, with many more mandates for hundreds of vaccines currently in development are coming your way. Informed medical consent rights, for adults and children are going to go "bye-bye" unless you care to stop it from happening. This is not a joke. Here is the new National Adult Immunization Plan from our HHS in the USA:

http://www.hhs.gov/nvpo/national_adult_immunization_plan_final.pdf

Pregnant women (see page 10) will be told they must take not only a flu shot and a Tdap vaccine with every pregnancy, but also many additional vaccines. Will these combinations of vaccines be safe for developing fetuses? Will pregnant women have the right to refuse the recommended vaccines, if they are concerned about their affect on their unborn children? Should pregnant women have the right to reject recommended vaccines during their pregnancy, or should the State have the right to mandate them? So many questions, but so few answers.

Here is something from an Oregon attorney on the matter. Happy reading!:

Testimony to the Oregon Senate Health Committee
February 18, 2015
Submitted by Bob Snee

The day Dr. Benjamin Rush, a signer of the Declaration of Independence warned us about while speaking at the Constitutional Convention, has arrived.

“The Constitution of this Republic should make special provision for medical freedom. To restrict the art of healing to one class will constitute the Bastille of medical science. All such laws are un-American and despotic…Unless we put medical freedom into the Constitution; the time will come when medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship and force people, who wish doctors and treatments of their own choice, to submit to only what the dictating outfit offers. The Constitution of the Republic should make a Special provision for medical freedoms as well as religious freedom."

The threats to our Constitutional Rights are all around us and are even coming from you, our own legislators. Just as “national security” is being used by the federal government to justify invading the privacy of citizens, the “greater good” is used to justify under proposed SB 442, infringing upon the religious freedoms and freedom of conscience guaranteed to Oregonians under Oregon’s Constitution.

An organized orchestrated hysteria pushed by the national media as a result of just over 100 cases of the measles (with no deaths) is the driving force behind the push to restrict individual freedoms. When Time magazine publishes an article calling for the publication of the names and addresses of those who are unvaccinated, a new era of McCarthyism has descended upon this country. This nation was founded on the principles of individual freedom and liberty, and the Bill of Rights were adopted as amendments to the U.S. Constitution to ensure that government never overreached and trampled upon the rights of an individual.

SB 442 as currently drafted, and as it is proposed to be amended, will trample and shred Oregonian’s fundamental rights protected under the U.S. and Oregon Constitutions. If passed, SB 442 will unethically require forced medical procedures upon those who object because they have taken the time to educate themselves on the true risks of vaccines. We are living in an age of the great denial of vaccine risks and denial of individual freedom. Because vaccine manufacturers market and sell the only product in the history of the country that is exempt from all liability for design or manufacturing defects, by making vaccines mandatory, people will become nothing more than enslaved consumers of potentially dangerous products marketed by companies with no economic or legal incentive to improve those products.

Mandatory forced vaccination will trample on some of the foundations of medical ethics which require fully informed consent to any invasive medical procedure. The First Principle of the Nuremberg Code is,

“The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential. This means that the person involved should have legal capacity to give consent; should be so situated as to be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter involved as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision.”

The FDA, CDC and vaccine makers openly state that often the number of human subjects used in pre-licensing studies are too small to detect rarer adverse events, making post-marketing surveillance of new vaccines a de facto scientific experiment. In this regard, the ethical principle of informed consent to vaccination attains even greater importance. Forced vaccinations are different than other medical procedures is such a way that they demand greater deference to the ethic of informed consent, not less consideration. Every other medical procedure is an attempt to heal or remedy an already injured or diseased body. Vaccinations, by their very nature and design, purposely inject directly into a healthy body several known neurotoxins and live biological viruses in an attempt to create an immune response to protect against a mere potential that the person will encounter that targeted disease at some point in their future. A nurse I know recently argued with me while agreeing that all the potential side effects listed in a vaccine’s package insert are not listed in the CDC’s required vaccine information sheet, that “They have to dumb things down a bit so that average people can understand it.” How can you say that people are getting and making informed consent if they are not given complete information?
Mandatory forced vaccination makes a mockery of informed consent.

While researching this issue, I discovered that the American Medical Association’s Code of Ethics specifically recognizes that physicians may claim a religious or philosophic reason to not be immunized. AMA Code of Ethics Opinion 9.133 If doctors express the belief that it is ethical to claim a religious or philosophic exemption to vaccines, under what claim of right does the state have the capability of outlawing ethical behavior by its citizens?

Currently, as a result of the passage of SB 132 in 2013, the specific religious exemption for mandatory vaccines was eliminated with an acknowledgement that people who claim a nonmedical exemption may list religion as the reason. The former Oregon Administrative Rules defined “religion” as “any set of beliefs, practices, or ethical values.” In 2001, SB 450 was introduced at my request by then Senator Kate Brown, to provide for a philosophical objection to vaccines. The Oregon Health Department testified against SB 450 saying it was unnecessary since philosophical exemptions were protected under the Administrative definition of “religion.” The Administrative definition of “religion” encompasses the “rights of conscience.” That protection is now gone and SB 442 will further eliminate Oregonian’s Constitutional rights as set forth in Article I, Section 3, which states: “Freedom of religious opinion. No law shall in any case whatever control the free exercise, and enjoyment of religeous [sic] opinions, or interfere with the rights of conscience.”

If government in America is allowed to force its fellow citizens to risk injury or death without their voluntary, informed consent, then we are no longer free Americans. Our bodies are then owned by the state and can be sacrificed by the will of the state. Once you take away a parent’s right to make medical decisions based on informed consent for their children, it is only a short step before everyone loses that right to determine what substances will enter their body, since mandatory adult vaccines will quickly follow. Published just last week in the Federal Register for public comment is the new “National Adult Immunization Plan.” The very first line in the introduction to the plan states “Despite the widespread availability of safe and effective vaccines, adult vaccination rates remain low in the United States and far below Healthy People 2020 targets.” This misstatement of fact and denial of risk, in the absence of true vaccine safety studies, is astonishing when one considers a mere 29 years ago, the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Act was adopted acknowledging that vaccine injury or death may be “unavoidable even though the vaccine was properly prepared and accompanied by proper directions and warnings.” 42 U.S.C. 300aa-22(b)(1).

No real world studies of the vaccine schedule have ever been done. Of the 11 separate vaccines given to our children (many given multiple times), only one vaccine -- the MMR -- has ever been studied for its relationship to autism. Yet, our children get 6 or 7 different vaccines simultaneously at 2, 4, 6, and 12 month doctor appointments. Not one study compares vaccinated children to unvaccinated children.

Dr. Russell Blaylock, a neurosurgeon who has written eight papers and several chapters on the mechanisms of vaccine-induced neuropathology and neurological injury and proposed a plausible mechanism to explain a link to vaccine-induced autism, has stated:

“All of us should be terrified by the totalitarian nature exercised by the proponents of mandatory vaccines. Many are openly calling not only for mandatory vaccinations, but also hiding critical safety data from the public so as to give the impression of vaccine safety. Programs for mandated eugenics ended when the public realized the true result of such plans. This history is now rarely spoken about, yet present vaccine policies are just as frightening because they hold the potential to irreversibly destroy the lives of millions of our children.”

Proposed SB 442 clearly interferes and burdens the rights of conscience and will violate the Oregon Constitution if passed. As citizens, we must demand accountability of our government and demand our government protect our rights, not disregard them for “the greater good.” If SB 442 becomes law, then the promises of freedom and liberty that this nation were founded upon are nothing but a sham, an illusion. Welcome to the totalitarian era. for then our bodies, ourselves, our souls, are truly owned by the state.

Robert Snee is an attorney in Portland, Oregon.