Super Contributor

I'm starting my 50 lb weight loss journey. I have been on WW but chose Mayo instead. I already tried on my own but didn't stay with it. Now when I'm bored I can go to the Mayo website and read recipes and motivation tips.  I had signed up for Noom and cancelled the same day, I don't like using an app on my phone.

The Mayo seems good so far. I like that doesn't forbid foods, same as WW, but it's more flexible about tracking. Mostly it's about calories and it has guidelines that are easy to read and follow, such as no sugar the first two weeks.  I've been looking at the diet for awhile but signed up when it was $3. per week. You don't have to pay for life, you will know what to do after going through the first 3 months. 

Honored Contributor

@dimin Congratulations on the start of your journey. I wish you well and hope to check back and see your posts of progress. Heart

Honored Contributor

Best of luck, it’s never easy, but so worth it !!🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@diminCongrats to you for starting -  and for choosing a plan you think will work for you.  I've been a lifelong yo-yo dieter, but started a new life style nearly 3 years ago.  I'm down 55 pounds and can walk easily at least 10X as far as I could walk at all when I started.    

My eating plan was essentially WW, but I was acting solo here so my WW came from a 1991 plan that had worked for me then although I modified a bit to account for my current health issues.

Sounds like Mayo has a good thing going for you, but I intend to take a look, too.  I work every day not to fall back to my old, unhealthy eating.

Will be watching for your updates!

Honored Contributor

@dimin 

Good for you. I wish you well. One thing to remember with any weight loss program is this. For them to be a permanent(the rest of one's life), lifestyle changes, other than just what one eats, is also very important to keep in mind.

I am looking forward to reading your progress in weight loss, and your just plain feeling better about what you do weigh throughout your journey.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Best of luck to you

Respected Contributor

I need to do this myself .... I am an emotional over eater ...and a sugar

addict ....

I really need to get down to business .... and just be conscious of

what i am doing ....

Good luck to you ....

Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your journey @dimin !  Let us know how you like this diet plan! Smiley Happy