Honored Contributor

I have never had any negative reaction to either vaccine, only a sore arm for one day.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 

"Has anyone else had reactions like this"? 

No. Not with any flu shot.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: May be my last flu shot

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1 I have had a similar reaction to the flu shot.  I was ill and had to go to bed for days.  I stopped after that but as I get older I might have to reconsider the shot.

Trusted Contributor

I had that when they gave me the nasal flu vaccine.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Frequent Contributor

After getting mine last year and my first pneumonia shot and feeling awful for 36-48 hours, I chatted with my doctor and she suggested tylenol or aleve the day of the shot and the next day.

I did that this year IN ADDITION I followed her advice to move my arm around a LOT and exercise with some light weight free weights to get the vaccine moved around. This is the first time I haven't had a sore are from the flu shot EVER and I have probably had 40 of them.

The NSAID really helped.

Respected Contributor

I feel for you.  Back in the 70's (when I was actually young) I got a flu shot that put me in bed for a week with almost constant vomiting, aches, chills etc.  I truly thought I was going to die - and almost wished I would. 

I didn't get another flu shot until probably the 90's.  Thankfully I haven't had any problems since then.  Apparently that swine flu shot way back had some issues and made a lot of people sick.  

Talk to the doctor and see what your options are.

Honored Contributor

I had my furst flu shot ever recently, got the one for Srs, no issues, same for my DH. Shingrix gave me a fever. 

Honored Contributor

I'd rather have two days of lethargy than the flu.  I was one of those I don't need the shot many years ago, until I got sick, that is.  I was down and out for a good week, probably the sickest I've ever been.

Honored Contributor

Re: May be my last flu shot

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1   You could have COVID 19.  I suggest you call your doctor with your symptoms.  Feel better.  I just realized this was a 11/5 thread.  However, with the flu and COVID you have to be extra careful.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I have had the flu when I was younger and got seriously ill. People die from the flu.  yes, I have gotten a reaction such as yours from the flu shot, but I just took some aspirin and it only lasted a couple of days.  Much better than getting the flu!