Honored Contributor

Any thoughts, I need to get back into a regular exercise program, is is fairly low impact, many thanks 

ellen

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: May 17, Exercise chair TSV

Have you considered the Leslie Sansone workouts?  They are walking based and can be done at your own pace.  Good luck to you! 

Honored Contributor

DH and I just watched the presentation with Rick and have decided to get one. We already have the Pilates chair which we use daily. Even if we workout 15-20 min at a time instead of 45 minutes a session it’s still better than nothing.

Respected Contributor

Everyone is different, I have found that I do not enjoy working out with "equipment" or "machines".  I don't know why exactly, but I've learned this about myself by purchasing and NOT USING many contraptions over the years.  Someone else mentioned Leslie Sansone - I've used exercise videos for many years and just recently started doing Leslie Sansone You Tube videos.  I always thought they would be too basic and easy for me, but they're great and she has several different levels of workouts to choose from. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you but I have issues walking 

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

Have you considered the Leslie Sansone workouts?  They are walking based and can be done at your own pace.  Good luck to you! 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I think the chair is great for seniors.  You need to work your muscles.  This seems to be an easy way to do it.  I walk alot, but do not do much strength wise.  This may be the answer.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Any thoughts, I need to get back into a regular exercise program, is is fairly low impact, many thanks 

ellen

to me, you might be better off going to a gym and working with a trainer for a session so you know what you are doing.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear

The price of the membership and uber outweights the price of the chair by 300% or so 

@jackthebear wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

ellen

to me, you might be better off going to a gym and working with a trainer for a session so you know what you are doing.

Esteemed Contributor

@OKPrincess

@OKPrincess wrote:

DH and I just watched the presentation with Rick and have decided to get one. We already have the Pilates chair which we use daily. Even if we workout 15-20 min at a time instead of 45 minutes a session it’s still better than nothing.

I like Pilates, but this chair to me would be a waste of money.  I have been working out for 59 years and still do weights at the gym and Senior Zumba, treadmill and bike, plus walk.  Yes, i am 82.  Years ago you put weights on your legs or arms and did your workout.  This is just a chair with gear attached to it.  Why can't anyone just put 3, 5, 8 lbs weights wrapped around their arms or legs, get a weight training DVD and go to it?  You can even set up your own chair if you want and do the same thing.  They will do anything to get your money.

When I do not make g ym, I use either LS weight DVD or bands and hand weights and do my own program.  I had ordered the Pilaties chair  from the star, Senior moment, forgot her name, on the Q, and sent it back.  I  took a class at the local college and got a mat and DVD also.  I'm not cheap, but they try to sell all the fancy equiptment and back in the day, we had to use our imag.  I do like their Pilaties platform though, but expensive.  Good luck and happy exercise.

Not telling you not to get it, if you will use it, but just an alternative way we did things without all the gadgets.  If you do get it, ENJOY.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@meem120

@meem120 wrote:

I think the chair is great for seniors.  You need to work your muscles.  This seems to be an easy way to do it.  I walk alot, but do not do much strength wise.  This may be the answer.

I am a very old Senior and I do floor palities.  Mat, and band and DVD

I have been working out for 59 years, started with Jack La Lane on a 78 and a band.  This is why I can do so much today, so ladies and gents, work out now so when you get 82 you will be strong.  I don't care what age you start, but start and keep going, its the most important thing for good health in later years.  Doesn't stop disease to get to you or death, but a better quality of life when you get old.