Honored Contributor

Re: Mask at the Gas Station?

@Anonymous032819 

I will 2nd each and every point you have made. That is the way I think, our only difference being? I don't need to leave my home right now, to enjoy each day. Now when the ice rink opens to the public? 

I'm outta here!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

To those who refuse to comprehend.....wearing a mask provides minimal protection to you.  It provides protection for OTHERS, in the event you are sick or have the virus but are asymptomatic.

By refusing to wear a mask in public settings where you are in close contact, you are showing you are not interested in the potential to keep OTHERS safe.

I am not going to wear a mask when I am outside and the next person is over ten feet away when I am pumping my gas.

As I said, I am not paranoid.

I refuse to kowtow to mass hysteria.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

It's been nearly 3 months since I last put gas in my SUV, but I was out so early no one else was even close to me at the station, so I did not wear a mask.
Respected Contributor

Some people wear masks when driving alone in a car.  Others wear masks at home when they live alone and are inside.  I've see other people wear a mask covering just their mouths and not their noses.  I guess if you don't know how Covid-19 is transmitted, you wouldn't know how or when to wear a mask or wash your hands.

I guess if a pandemic has killed almost 200,000 people in the U.S., it might be a good idea for everyone to know the facts about the virus!

Trusted Contributor

I wear mine if there is anyone else around but if I was totally alone then I wouldn't. 

Esteemed Contributor

@fortune wrote:

Some people wear masks when driving alone in a car.  Others wear masks at home when they live alone and are inside.  I've see other people wear a mask covering just their mouths and not their noses.  I guess if you don't know how Covid-19 is transmitted, you wouldn't know how or when to wear a mask or wash your hands.

I guess if a pandemic has killed almost 200,000 people in the U.S., it might be a good idea for everyone to know the facts about the virus!

Oh, people know how it's transmitted.

I know how it's transmitted.

We/I   just refuse to knuckle under to the paranoia and hysteria.

Wear a mask inside a business?

Sure.

Wear a mask 24/7?

Nope.

Not gonna happen.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

NOPE!  I go to full service anyway, so I never have to get out of my car.  The times I do have to go to self-serve, I don't wear a mask.  I don't even give it a thought.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 
Is this mandatory where you live?
hckynut 

@hckynut  If we are anywhere with people around us we are to wear a mask. Walking thru shopping malls, thru town, etc. if we are walking with no one cluttered around us no need for a mask. 

Yes. N.Y. and NJ. If you are around people that you can't stay six feet away from. Also if you go in a store.

Respected Contributor

I do.  I don't want to die from COVID 19.   

Respected Contributor

Heck, Yeah.  Anywhere where there is a Possibility of crossing paths with someone. You never know when someone as like minded as yourself will pull up next to you.  But  I'd be MORE careful about wiping down handles and hands in that particular instance.

"But I feel fine" can be the precurser to "Sorry for your loss" these days.