Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a problem with St.Judes are but I hate the Shriners ads ( "....for this adorable blanket") with the annoying "spokeschild"!

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I don't have a problem with St.Judes are but I hate the Shriners ads ( "....for this adorable blanket") with the annoying "spokeschild"!

@patbz 

Wow! Seriously?? Not nice to say such hateful things about a severely handicapped child. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

The Shriners' ads have been unrelenting.  St. Jude's just tries to keep up.

Honored Contributor
@patbz

😢 I don’t understand such a cruel comment about a child who was/is a patient and is now their ambassador. 😢
The Shriner’s Hospital saved my mom’s life when she was 4years old and she lived there for much of her childhood until she was 16, coming home for periods of time between surgeries. My grandparents were farmers in another state and never paid a cent.
Honored Contributor

Another thing I hear, which makes me pause....

"...if operators are busy, please call again..."

A busy tone? No one has that anymore.

It's usually a 'please hold for the next available operator'.

So are they encouraging people to keep hanging up &

calling until they get a live person? 

Minor point, yes...but when the comm'l plays a gazillion times

for 2-3 months, you start to 'hear' it differently. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Marlo Thomas - St. Jude

[ Edited ]

I give to several charities , ST Jude being one of them.  I wish they would just put the dollars spent in sending return address labels, shopping lists and memo pads back into the system.  As I appreciate them, the items aren’t needed to be sent and doesn’t affect my donation dollars.

Honored Contributor

When I hear her voice I hear the cigarettes.

Honored Contributor

Compared to Marie (diet) this isn't even close to showing times.  But I don't care. Same with Shriners.  Then the pets in need.....there's needs in the world, I just wish I could afford to support all of them, that are in need.  

Respected Contributor
@SilleeMee it USED to be that St. Jude's, and Shriners, and various animal rescue groups solicited "at tax time," or at least pumped up their visibility then. No more. It's no longer "tax time"--that would have been before January 1, for the 2019 tax year, and they're still airing--it's all year long.

Regardless of one's opinion on it, that's a simple fact.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

I give to several charities , ST Jude being one of them.  I wish they would just put the dollars spent in sending return address labels, shopping lists and memo pads back into the system.  As I appreciate them, the items aren’t needed to be sent and doesn’t affect my donation dollars.

Their fundraising overhead must be high.  I stopped giving to them because weekly i was receiving solicitations.  I also suspect they sold my name to a large number of unknown charitable orgs that also pummeled me with continual mailings.