Honored Contributor

Re: Marine Collagen by Andrew Lessman updates

I've been adding my bedtime MCP to water. Cold water is not good. It does not dissolve well at all and clumps up on my spoon. Room temp water is better - have to put the MCP in first & then add the water. I let it sit a bit to dissolve.

I think it makes sense to see if I can get in the habit of adding it to a cup of herbal tea. Once the tea bag has been removed I'll stir in the MCP. 

Respected Contributor

I add one scoop to my coffee in the morning, I stir well and after about 5 min it is totally disolved.

At night I take my 2nd dose, I take CALM Magnesium at night which I disolve in warm water, after it is disolved I then add my Marine Collagen and allow 5min for that to disolve and swing it down.  I actually think it helps me sleep better at night mixed with the Calm? Who knows, but this is just the way I take my two doses a day and it works for me  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

image.png

I found this at Marshall's yesterday.  The little stainless steel ball is awesome in blending the whey protein and marine collagen very quickly with little shaking.

I am actually using a small, glass mason jar because I only use about 3 oz of water in my shot.  It was $6.99 for this but worth every penny as far as I"m concerned.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

@SandGirl You mentioned in your post that you take Calm Magnesium.  Would this be to help with sleeping?  My daughter has issues with insomnia and does not want to take Melatonin .   Is this a "cocktail " of ingredients for sleep?    

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

image.png

I found this at Marshall's yesterday.  The little stainless steel ball is awesome in blending the whey protein and marine collagen very quickly with little shaking.

I am actually using a small, glass mason jar because I only use about 3 oz of water in my shot.  It was $6.99 for this but worth every penny as far as I"m concerned.

And I just found the stainless steel ball on Amazon for $1.79 and free shipping (you don't need to be a prime member or spend $35, it's just free Smiley Very Happy)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I thought I'd move this thread up since there's an Andrew Lessman Marine Collagen Peptides with MSM special offer today. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

cc: @ANewHue @VaBelle35 @HappyDaze 

Honored Contributor

Andrew is offering the Marine Collagen Peptides (MCP) with MSM on special pricing right now. A number of people have had questions about the MPC, and these two threads have some great info in them:

*  Marine Collagen by Andrew Lessman updates

Andrew Lessman Marine Collagen Peptides with MSM n...

I've also had an amazingly positive reaction from using his Marine Collagen Peptides after just three days and the results are continuing! -- I'll be posting later about my own recent great experience with MCP, but I don't have time to do it right now. Smiley Happy

I've been using the MPC for 3-4 weeks now:

* after 3 days, I just happened to notice that the very few lines on my face were less prominent

* I take Andrew's glucosamine/chondroitin but it the past 6 months I've started to feel achy joints. The MCP has reduced my joint pain by about 75-80%!

Thank you, Andrew!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

cc: -- @BExplorer -- @Witchy Woman --

Esteemed Contributor

@bebe777

Once again thank you for being so helpful.

Last time AL was on, I bought 2 of the huge Marine Collegen with MSM.  So, that is one product that I don't need a refill on at this time Cat Happy

I put two scoops in our coffee in the morning and it dissolves completely with no taste.  I was interested to read the discussion about putting it in hot liquids.  My coffee is not "boiling" hot so I doubt there is any degradation in the product. 

I'll be taking that one for as long as he makes it!

Frequent Contributor

I haven't taken the time to read through all of the replies, but I have read the reviews on this product. Because it is marine sourced, some have a tough time with the smell, taste, and getting it to mix well. I don't do well with any of his marine sourced products; even when he states "no aftertaste." I would love to take his omega fatty acids, but because they are marine sourced (fish oil), nope, they come back on me. However, I love his line and am a regular customer.

Okay, that being said. I have been using a collagen peptide protein powder for five months. It is manufactured by Vital Proteins. It is bovine sourced (cow hide). It is unflavored and has NO smell or taste and can be mixed in anything cold or hot. It supplies 20 grams of collagen per 2 scoop serving along with 18 grams of protein. I usually add one scoop into my morning coffee. Twice a day and I'm set for the day! A 20 ounce container sells for $43.00. They do make several other flavors of collagen proteins to meet other needs you may have. They can be purchased online from the manufacturer or Vitamin Shoppe, Vitacost, and similar sites.

Now, this stuff works! Yes, I do take other supplements, but here is my proof. I have RAD -rheumatoid arthritis disease. And to help me keep this disease is check I have an  intravenous infusion of a biologic medication every four weeks. I have to get stuck in my hand and within a few hours after the procedure, I look as if I've been in a battle because my hand bruises so badly. Two weeks, yes, two weeks after I started using the collagen peptides I had an infusion and NO bruising whatsoever! I was sold! 

My fingernails used to break and peel horribly. No more. My hair grows faster too. Those are the outward signs. So I know it's helping me fight this disease too!

This is now a vital part of my diet and nutrition.  I won't be without it.