Super Contributor

Re: Marine Collagen Peptides by Andrew

I love it!  Today's version is the best.  It disolves right away in my coffee just from stirring it.  The first version however was a no go for me.  I actually threw the container in the trash because it did have a fishy smell and taste which I just couldn't stomach.  Took me a while to finally try the newer version and it is great!  My opinion.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

When I first brought it had a taste so I stopped using it but as expensive as it is and the benefits it provides I started drinking it in the morning over the weekend so I am trying to iclude it in my daily regimen some kind of way but didn't notice any taste this go round.

Honored Contributor

I was very disappouinted to see the main ingredient he uses is tilapia, we dont consume tilapia, a farm raised fish.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I was very disappouinted to see the main ingredient he uses is tilapia, we dont consume tilapia, a farm raised fish.

It really depends on where the tilapia is farmed, doesn't it?

Honored Contributor

@hopi@Lipstickdiva@Shelbelle@Luvitorleaveit1@PickyCindy

I have been thinking about this ingredient.

I believe tilapia skin is what is used in medicine for skin covering for burn victims. So, it can be cleaned and processed for medical uses and must be sterile.

I have faith in AL’s products and therefore it no longer is an issue for me.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

No trouble with dissolving in warmish water, but, I am sorry, it does not taste all that great. Would not compromise any drink with this powder, just drink it alone, but not good tasting. Sorry for all who think it has no taste.

Honored Contributor

@greamy

I agree with you!

use the smallest amount of water possible and gulp.

will do this b/c it is such muraculous stuff

DH doesn’t mind it

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I put it in cherry juice. And it dissolves with no problem. And in the cherry juice I don't notice any unpleasant taste.

But after a year of taking the Marine Collagen Peptides, I am not sure if I have noticed any benefits. I ordered another year supply and now have second thoughts.

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I am so glad I read this. I am disappointed that he would use this in his product. I will search for another brand of Marine Collagen as looking for help for my osteoporosis and won't take the prescription drugs they push for it.

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I am so glad I read this. I am disappointed that he would use this in his product. I will search for another brand of Marine Collagen as looking for help for my osteoporosis and won't take the prescription drugs they push for it.

I am with you all the way, no tilapia for me and no osteoporosis drugs either. i keep my osteopenia fairly stable with calcium Magnesium, Vit. K2 and D3.