Regular Contributor

Re: Marie Osmond's new exercise bar -

I have had the Body Gym for a few months and I love it! It's fun, easy and the great results are achieved in a very short time.
Valued Contributor

Well I am such a sucker for exercise equipment. Marie makes it look so easy that I think I will give it a try. If we would just use the things we buy on a consistent basis, they probably would all work well. So here goes. I will report in.

{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Not applicable

I bought. I returned. Very disappointing. And everyone is right. It is the same as the Childers bar except it is cheaper. Those instructional pics are stickers. The strange thing is ....obviously both sides are the same size but the stickers are not. Save your money.

Tony Little quit making his exercise bar. 

Esteemed Contributor

I  bought this mainly for the portability and for times when I'm not up for my regular workouts.  I used it the other night for the first time and I must say I worked up a good sweat.  Today I'm actually hurting a bit so I'll do it again tomorrow.  I've been slacking on my regular workouts lately so that's why I'm probably so sore.

Esteemed Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Just yesterday my Dr said I have to somehow figure out how to get resistance training into my day. I have osteoporosis, and my bone density test results were terrible. Resistance is needed for me.

I don't want fractured bones, so for the price of this bar, I will give it a try.

$39.(and change) is a good price.

What made me a bit peeved was almost $9 for s & h! NINE dollars? There is no justification for that high price, but I bit the bullet and bought it.

I think the shipping was cheaper on the Humidifier they had as the TSV! Crazy, crazy QVC!

I think Marie is a very genuine woman, and I admire how she has managed the ups and downs of life. Celebrity or not, she is human just like us all and her life has not been perfect. But she keeps on going.

Just the grueling schedule of her and Donny's show schedule, and keeping up with her family is admirable in my eyes. To get through her sons death and keep on singing is a strength I would not have for sure.

She looks great! She is in the public eye and is on stage many nights a week; for her to have work done doesn't matter to me.

Shipping was $5.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:
On 6/2/2014 Classique said:

Save your money and just grab a bath towel or broom handle or yardstick and you can easily perform that move she demonstrated for her arms.

A bath towel or broom handle or yardstick does not provide the weight needed to really work unless all you want is a slight stretch and not much toning unless you attach weights to them in some way. I guess for anyone who does nothing now it's an improvement but...

Absolutely right.  Also a bath towel does not provide the isometric proponent that the bands provide through the stretch and tightening of the bands.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Isometric exercises are contractions of a particular muscle or group of muscles. During isometric exercises, the muscle doesn't noticeably change length and the affected joint doesn't move. Isometric exercises don't effectively build strength but can help maintain muscle strength — often in a rehabilitative setting.

Because isometric exercises are done in one position without movement, they'll improve strength in only one particular position. You'd have to do various isometric exercises through your limb's whole range of motion to improve muscle strength across the range. In addition, since isometric exercises are done in a static position, they won't help improve speed or athletic performance. They can be useful, however, in enhancing stabilization — maintaining the position of the affected area — since muscles often contract isometrically to aid in stabilization.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*

[ Edited ]

Re: previous comment about Greer Childer -

gabstoomuch wrote:

Referencing back to Greer Childer's, she got sued over her bar, but I don't remember what the infringement was?

Then she disappeared. I have not seen her anywhere since.

"The FTC complaint alleges that the defendants have falsely claimed that: BodyFlex causes users to lose from four to 14 inches across six body areas in the first seven days without reducing calories; BodyFlex causes users to burn enough body fat to achieve the claimed inch loss in seven days; and a clinical study proves that BodyFlex causes significant fat and inch loss in the first seven days."

"The proposed stipulated final judgment and order prohibits the defendants from making claims, for any product, service, or program that purports to provide weight-loss, inch- loss, fat-loss, exercise or fitness benefits, and for any dietary supplement, food or drug, without scientific substantiation."

"The order requires Savvier LP to establish and administer a $2.6 million consumer refund program."

Apparently, she is still selling.  See her website @ 'Bodyflex . com"

However, her DVD version total cost with shipping is just barely shy of $48.

As TSV today, Marie's cost, with shipping is  $41.32.

Trusted Contributor

use to use the bands at my gym, dont know if was because they were old or not but one of them snapped,, scared the ****** out of me  lol can these bands sanp i wonder?? wish she would of gave us 2 or 3 bands to make it harder, i'd pay the extra. i did buy this hope if i use it everyday the band holds up...

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

I also wanted some upper body tool to kick start this year. I received that Blade core builder. Wow, there's definitely a learning curve with this thing. It's not easy. You need coordination and for myself, I get tired very fast after getting it going. I'll keep trying, but if I'm not successful in a week, I'll return. Almost $l00., a lot for a rubber blade! I expect a lot of success for that. Want to work upper arms and belly. As much strength as it takes to get it going, I think it just might work....

As for Marie's product, I need a little more than that and have similar things.

LOL  I bought the BodyBlade too and it's not as easy as it looks.  Mind you, I'm VERY out of shape, but the blade is no joke.  I tried using it yesterday, and I managed about 3 or 4 minutes before I had to stop because my upper body couldn't take anymore.  The only one I cannot seem to do is the one where they hold the blade up & down in front of them and shake it side to side. I'm not coordinated enough for that.  I can say that I woke up extremely sore in the arms, shoulders, and mid and lower back from my short workout yesterday, so it did something for sure.  I haven't decided  yet if I will keep it since it's expensive and only really works the upper body.  I'm also not at all impressed with the DVD that came with it.  I guess I'll try to workout based on the chart that came with it and then decide.

Since it looks easier to work the lower body with the Body Gym, I did order that today as well.  I like the portability and price of it, and I'm looking forward to trying it.