Respected Contributor

Re: Marie Osmond's new exercise bar -

Firstly, I love Marie Osmond. I remember watching her show when I was a teenager or maybe in my early twenties.

However, this is just another way for her to make money.

I am happy if she is happy in her personal life. She has gone through a lot with her son's death. I remember when someone asked her which of her children are biological and which are adopted. I loved her answer. "There are so many of them, I can't keep track." I thought that was a great way to not answer the question and move on.

However, ladies, I am going to say it. Ms. Osmond not only has had her lips plumped up but has had lots of work on her face....and probably on her body.

And I am sure she thanks each and every one of you for helping her pay for these procedures. So don't let me stop you from buying this portable gym. LOL!

Paper Roses. Paper Roses. Oh how real those roses seem to be.
But they're only imitation. Like your imitation love for me

Trusted Contributor

On 6/5/2014 yellowkitty said:

I got this today, not to happy with it just seems cheap! I taught the bars would be metal are hard plastic . I'll think about this.

I got this bar years ago when it was the Greer Childers Body Bar. It had been a long time since I used it, but I used it yesterday after reading these posts and it felt like a good workout. I don't think I would like it as well if the bars were metal instead of plastic as you place it on the top of your back/shoulders area (for some of the exercises) and think that would feel much harder if it was metal. Mine seems plenty sturdy and I hope you will give yours a try to see how you like it.

I plan to start using mine again on a regular basis.

Contributor

I am sad to read the negative comments about Marie. I have been an Osmond fan since the early 70's. I have been fortunate enough to meet Marie and the rest of the family several times over the years. Let me tell you something first hand -- they are NOT phony, very sincere and kind people. If you don't want to watch her, simply don't, there is no need to bash her. She is a beautiful person on the outside, but even more so on the inside. If she chooses to get involved in business ventures you are not interested in, that's fine. I don't buy everything she sells myself. She does get involved in products that she really believes in, and I was looking for something for toning so I got the Body Bar. I think if alot of us were in her shoes and really believed in something, we would do the same. She remarried her first husband, and they are very happy, God bless them both! I guess I don't understand why someone would watch if they didn't like her and then spend time on her being nasty.

Super Contributor

Well I tried it today and does seem to do the job! I need a weight bearing work out. Just worried about being plastic.

I do love Marie went to see them many years ago, and very glad she is happy now! So happy for her.

Contributor

I forgot to mention in my last post, I certainly can feel like I am getting a good workout with the bar. It's too early to see results, but I intend on following through with it. I have worked out on gym equipment before and can feel this doing the same thing.Smile

New Contributor

On 6/4/2014 soonersis said:

Yes, this is the same as the Greer bar (only that one didn't have the black straps you can put on your feet/ankles). I have one but haven't used it in years, but after watching Marie's video on this, think I will dust it off and try it out again. Glad Marie didn't suggest the breathing part that Greer used to do as that always seemed kind of silly to me.

Actually, the breathing may have sounded silly, but the act of respiration (breathing) when done properly engages quite a few muscles from the face all the way down to the groin. Also, breathing exercises helps strengthen abdominal muscles as well as other muscles as well as bringing in vital oxygen for proper function. I had to take a course as a Spinning instructor in breathing. Thought it was going to be a piece of cake, then once I was in it, I was like holy cow, there's more to breathing than I realized. Google it, you'll see all the muscle descriptions. So there's an actual reason for yoga breathing. Smiley Wink

Not applicable

This bar is exactly like Greer Childers bar that was also by Body Flex with the picture instructions on the bar itself. The only difference is in the foot holders on the band. Just pulled mine out of the closet. lol

Contributor

For those that have Tony Little's bar, can you do the same exercises as Marie's bar? His doesn't connect at the bottom so it would seem to me you can't do the exercises Marie did with it behind your back or sitting on it.

Barb

Respected Contributor

I like the looks of those bars. I'm going to look into buying one of them. I can't believe I'venever seen them on the air before.
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

On 1/13/2015 vcc said:

This bar is exactly like Greer Childers bar that was also by Body Flex with the picture instructions on the bar itself. The only difference is in the foot holders on the band. Just pulled mine out of the closet. lol

Thanks vcc, I was going to say the same.