Super Contributor

Marie Osmond's new exercise bar -

I was watching Marie Osmond and her new exercise bar -

http://www.qvc.com/BodyGym-Portable-Home-Gym-Resistance-System.product.F11661.html?sc=F11661-Target...

Reminds me alot of Greer Childers white bar with the surgical tubing...?

I wish I could remember where mine is! LOL.

The breathing part if hokey I think -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b8m_SJ9Vig

Super Contributor

Re: Marie Osmond's new exercise bar -

It is a copy of Tony Littles product on HSN. It is the same price...$39.95

Super Contributor

Forgot to say I will not be ordering one of these as I have several exercise gadgets with the bands that can achieve the same results if you use them!

Save your money and just grab a bath towel or broom handle or yardstick and you can easily perform that move she demonstrated for her arms.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw her on the NutraSystem segment briefly and thought she looked great! Whatever she's doing is working for her.

Super Contributor

On 6/2/2014 Classique said:

I thought it looked familiar and then thought she's back hawking another something because her dolls are no longer being sold.

Then, she drags out husband number what? I think it is #3 or more ala. Suzanne Sommers but at least she and her husband have been together for years.

Of course Marie Osmond then promotes her show in Las Vegas. I really outgrew my liking for the Osmonds years ago and just hope she pays income tax on all the free publicity she is apparently seeking once again to revive her career as she ages.

That is her first husband that she remarried a few years ago. And, by the way, when she remarried him a few years back, she wore the exact gown that she wore back when she first married him many years ago. Wish I could still fit into my wedding gown. I think that she and her husband were great together yesterday. And I don't think that she needs to worry about her career as her show is one of the top shows in Las Vegas. And , as far as her aging, I think that she's aging pretty well. Geez, why all the hate for Marie?

Super Contributor

I got one for my husband to work. Also I liked some of the excerciises with it. Marie's life has had challenges, she always has a positive attitude
Esteemed Contributor

That is her first and current hubby. She looks pretty good and so does he.

Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 Classique said:

Save your money and just grab a bath towel or broom handle or yardstick and you can easily perform that move she demonstrated for her arms.

A bath towel or broom handle or yardstick does not provide the weight needed to really work unless all you want is a slight stretch and not much toning unless you attach weights to them in some way. I guess for anyone who does nothing now it's an improvement but...

Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 gazelle77 said:

It is a copy of Tony Littles product on HSN. It is the same price...$39.95

I bought Tony's for $29.95 and it was worth every penny. Tony is known for exercise and other things in that industry. Marie? Not in the exercise world I've lived for decades now. I'll stick with Tony as in the past and have yet been disappointed in any of his devices/equipment I have purchased.

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

I think the Tony Little version is a better buy. It's a more complete package then what Marie is selling:

Tony Little Adjustable Easy Shaper Pro with 5 Workout DVDs
Get a full body workout anywhere! No need to struggle with bulky weights or heavy equipment using this portable, lightweight exerciser. The 3-piece padded bar with resistance cords is easy to assemble and store for use at home or on the road.

What You Get

• Easy Shaper Pro Bar
  • 2 Sets of resistance cords
  • 47-page exercise and nutrition guide
  • 5 Personal Trainer workout DVDs
  • User Guide and Workout chart
  • 1-year VIP Personal Trainer Membership Card
  • Carrying/storage bag
  • Owner's manual
  • Manufacturer's 90-day limited warranty

I've been wanting one of these for when I travel so I will be purchasing Tony's.