Valued Contributor

Does anyone use this? Do you recommend? TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Manuka honey?

[ Edited ]

I shipped a supply of it home when I was in New Zealand, where it comes from. Not sure if it is produced in any other country now. It has great antibiotic properties to it. Love the taste and wouldn't be without it! I recommend it for its medicinal uses. If you Google it on the internet, you will find the many good things/uses of this superior honey.

Valued Contributor

Thank-you! I ordered some manuka honey lozenges, and was thinking of trying the honey! 

Valued Contributor

What kind of manuka do you use? There are so many to choose from!

Honored Contributor

I use manuka honey to treat sores and cuts.I also used it to remove a painful soft corn between my toes..It burned the first few times I applied it but the corn disappeared and has not returned.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've only started hearing about Manuka Honey somewhat recently.  Is it only used for medicinal reasons as a natural alternative when there's a reason or can it be used daily instead of typical clover/table honey?  Also, how does Manuka Honey stand up to "Local Honey"?

Valued Contributor

It's new to me too! It's from new Zealand. There is some with bee venom that you can use for face mask to produce collagen! It tricks your skin into thinking its been stung!  It's good for all sorts of things. 

Honored Contributor

@Persephonel wrote:

It's new to me too! It's from new Zealand. There is some with bee venom that you can use for face mask to produce collagen! It tricks your skin into thinking its been stung!  It's good for all sorts of things. 

@Cookie777  LOL....that's the part I already know.  Ha!  

Honored Contributor

I've read a little about it, I've seen it at Wegmans.  There are a couple of versions of it.  One I think is $35 and one is $45.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trader Joes has it for a better price than most. It is expensive but has more health benefits than regular honeys. I use it in place of regular honey. I use a little in tea sometimes, on toast, etc, Great for skin and hair treatments as well. Been using it for over a year now. Expensive but great stuff.