Honored Contributor
On 11/29/2014 Sweetbay magnolia said:

Indeed. To my mind, life is meant to be lived beyond punishing oneself through a workout. I worked physically demanding jobs for many years, and I have to say it was fulfilling to bring the two sides together - function(necessity) and form.

Then I ruined it by becoming a group "fitness" instructor, as well. Too much. And I never even got close to the "young" Demi Moore.

Aw, Sweetbay! In your heart, you'll always be a young Demi Moore!! Grow that hair out & do the hair swing for your man! Smiley Very Happy. Btw..what was your speciality when you were a GX instructor?

Esteemed Contributor

I was a Judi robot. Begins with a J and has a few zz's in it. "Air under the feet" was the mantra (jump - HIGHER, HIGHER).

I can't wait 'til the locks can do the swing. Poor man - he'll be twiddling his thumbs for years!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I know about the jump, higher, higher...I was a step aerobics gal. Star jacks, squat-jump-squat in every. single. class. Crazy. I don't remember Jaz to be high impact...must have morphed like the rest of us!!

I recently saw this in a Crossfit inspired magazine:

"A Heart Attack You Can Live With"!

WTFH?? I had mouth agape, stunned....who in their right mind thinks this is a good idea?? They call Crossfit facilities a "box". Instead of TV, I'm slowly beginning to think THEY are the new "idiot box"! Smiley Very Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Honored Contributor
On 11/28/2014 olive59 said: Hey sidsmom! I always enjoy reading your posts- I find we have a lot in common! After reading this I immediatley went to Amazon and purchased this book! Looks right up my alley- love the philosophy behind the principles he outlines. Thanks for the heads up and for always contributing such interesting and thought provoking posts!

Hey olive59....it's been 2 weeks since your response. Have you had a chance to read through your books?

Btw...another side-product I've discovered is controlled breathing. I've always been a 'belly breather', but of course when you go anaerobic, it's hard to take deep breaths w/ mouth closed. Yogis are probably the masters of 'prana', but it's nice to have that control....helps w/ all aspects of your life. Hope you see this!!

If others have benefitted from this lower intensity training...chime in!