Respected Contributor
@viva923, you have been through quite an ordeal. I hope you find continue success. Thank you for your updates. This certainly must be very helpful to others suffering with this condition.

Take good care & be sure to follow the doc's orders to a "T"!
Honored Contributor

Re: MY JOURNEY IS COMPLETE

[ Edited ]

hello all

I will have to add an addendum to my story.

Little did I know but I found out yesterday

the 2 communicators you get for the implant DO NOT HAVE TO BE ON constantly. the Implant has it own batteries and runs by itself. the commuicators are only if you want to check on the implant to change the setting of the implant. 

I called up Medtronics yesterday to find WHY my 1 Samsung commuicator was constantly running down so quickly? I finally got a lady on the phone that explained the whole thing to me.

She said the trial implant YES THAT COMMUNICATOR had to be kept on it did not have a battery pack connected to it. The implant I have now, has its own battery self contained unit with the implant. She told me now that I have the implant I DO NOT HAVE TO KEEP my 2 communicators constantly turned on, check the commuicators once a week to make sure they don't need a charge but they are exactly like cell phones, you only charge them when  you need to, other wise leave them off and alone.

Trusted Contributor

I am so happy for you that you have finally had this done and are feeling better about it. I also have a Medtronic device but mine is on my head for different issue. One thing in common is that they can be effected my magnets...so I go through the pat-down line at airport security, don't go through other metal detectors and must have it reset by the doctor after yearly MRIs. The MRI is the strongest magnetic field out there, so it can and will change the device setting. You are so fortunate to have the ability to check yours and adjust it if needed. I hope you get as much benefit from it as possible.

Honored Contributor

Hello Picturewindow,

wow, a head medtronic, I knew they have many different varieties of implant devices. I had never heard of this device till I threw in the towel in April 2021 and went to my GYN doctor i see once a year (there is nothing left down there),anyway, she was the one that informed me of other ways to controlling my accidents which were to numerous to even count in a 24 time frame.anyway,she gave me the number to a group of the uro-gyn doctor at our main hospital here in my state, i called them and set up appointment figuring no harm to just go in and talk to a doctor and see what exactly is out there. i had been on so many pills,a do this do that type of control which lasted all less than a year time. Was not sure if this would even work, it is working, i may have to get up once a night still  BUT IS  not pee all over myself getting to the bathroom and changing everything when i have to go back to bed. THIS does work,

Hope you have good results as I am having. Keep me informed on how you are doing.

I wish they had this when both my parents had been found with brain tumors, I wonder if these type of pacemakers for the head would have kept them alive longer.