Respected Contributor

MY BEST FRIEND'S 2020 ORDEAL

A very nice friend of mine who I worked with for 16 yrs before we retired has had a ruff year as many of us have and I am asking for everyone to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She was diagnosed with colon cancer earlier this year, had surgery and chemo. They also diagnosed her with Kidney cancer but no treatment was done at that point since she was getting chemo for the colon cancer. In the meantime she fell and broke her foot so she was treated, had physical therapy and recovered. Now they decided to do a MRI of her kidney and confirmed kidney cancer so she is scheduled to have surgery mid January.  To top off all of that she went to a card party where she was the only one wearing a mask and ended up getting covid.  She never had to be hosptilized,said she was very tired, temp, headaches, muscle aches and recovered.. This is a true blessing, she is in her mid 70's, lives alone. Her attitude about all of this is just amazing! she is always laughing, very upbeat about all she has been thru .and when I talk to her, she always ask how my family is doing. She is just amazing and so blessed 

Respected Contributor

Re: MY BEST FRIEND'S 2020 ORDEAL

Oh my gosh! Prayers sent!

Valued Contributor

EDCCEB31-E7B2-472A-9AFF-7110B8C6074B.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Many folks believe a positive attitude helps the human body heal.  I'll certainly keep your friend in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

Will pray for your resilient friend to overcome the cancer and get well. She is an inspiration!
Honored Contributor

So many people have such terrible woes and sorrows this year, you're at a loss to console or help them.  I'm in the same position with a couple of friends.  I've never been in this position before.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   Prayers being sent for your resilent friend.  So many people hurting this year.  May they all be enfolded in our love.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Super Contributor

Praying for your friend....and I am reminded of an old tale...

During these trying times you hear or read of people with so many trivial complaint....My package was delayed, cant get my brand of T-paper, etc

the Old Tale is ..Imagine you pack all your troubles in a bag, and put them in a room with everyone that you know who also have their troubles in a bag.  Now you choose which bag to take

you would pick your own bag ,.....so be grateful for what your life is...instead of grumbling  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Thoughts and prayers being send.  God bless.