Respected Contributor

MODERN MEDICINE HAS BEEN A REAL HELP TO ME...

In the past few years, I have felt very fortunate to be the recipient of health improvements that have been developed.

Two examples for me are laparoscopic surgery and cataract removal. There are many more, but these two have made my life better, and I am most grateful.

Have you also had benefit of some new or fairly recent medical improvements that have been of help?

Honored Contributor

Re: MODERN MEDICINE HAS BEEN A REAL HELP TO ME...

Permanent dental implants

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Not new but highly upgraded was my knee replacement surgery.

Honored Contributor

A CGM. Love being able to scan my phone to a sensor on my arm to see my bs anytime, anywhere. HUGE improvement controlling my type 1!! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Thanks to all the new technology and meds for cardiac patients.  DH is a true Miracle Man still in my life !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

nice but pricey at $5000 each tooth 

Esteemed Contributor

Not me, but for my son-in-law’s family, quite a miracle of medicine.

His younger step-brother developed some very serious heart problems several years back, and it has been a roller coaster ride.

Long story short, he really went downhill and was told he needed a new heart.  He took a leave from his job and decided to stay at the hospital, as evidently that kept him high on the list for a transplant.

Happy to report, he did receive a transplant and is doing very well.  His folks were flying back and forth to the west coast for quite a while, and his wife would stay with him while she could.

He is around 50 and now has many years ahead.  Don’t we all love a happy ending?

Honored Contributor

For me it has been cancer treatments--was cutting edge 10 years ago--I was declared cured of cancer at my last oncology appointment in July!! am forever grateful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Flatbush 

Have I benefitted? Well, were it not for several, I would have died almost 20 years ago. And if not those medical events, a few more times years after those issues.

I have had 3 laparoscopic surgeries and both eye cataracts taken care of also. Am now working with a newer one that may extend my life. 

Advanced Medicines and treatments make lives better for thousands every single day. Some may involve work, and even some pain along the way. Some of it depends on how a person views their life.

That is my take, and lots of personal experience with many of the Modern Medicine Protocols.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

My artificial neck. I had cervical spine surgery and all of my neck bones were replaced with fake bones and then screwed together. Took over 13 hours in surgery to do that. I would have been paralyzed from the neck down if it wasn't for fake bones and screws. TTL!