Honored Contributor

Re: MELT Method for Pain Management

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Is there anyone else her wondering what the heck MELT is?    Am I the only one?

It's a pain management system, @Tinkrbl44, and I have no recollection about what the acronym means, but it's supposed to be a catchy title because you "melt" your pain away  doing the moves.

It will probably show up in a Google search.

Contributor

Thanks for all the good info.

Contributor

Thank you everyone for explaining how it works and providing the youtube reference. I am not an expert but I did feel better after trying few of the videos from youtube related to tennis ball massage and supple leopard.

Thank you MamboMom for posting on this topic

Respected Contributor

@Day1128 wrote:

I took a class recently on using a foam roller. It wasn't the MELT method, but using the roller has helped my back, shoulders and calves.

I did check out from the library the MELT method book. I did NOT like it. The author repeated information and I thought the book could have been more focused....she gave a lot of extraneous material, in my opinion. You can read some of the reviews on Amazon. Some are really good...other reviews talk about how the content is presented.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube about using the foam roller...some are better than others. 

A book I like is called The Roll Model...shows how using tennis balls (or the equivalent, sold by the author's company) can help release tight muscles. I travel with the tennis balls now and use them on the flights after I have been sitting for a while. 

In summary, I have found using the foam roller to be very helpful. I had no idea I would like it so much and that it would help.

Thank you for this information on Roll Model.  I just bought the foam roller and have the video  on youtube for it's use by Ashley Borden.