Respected Contributor

MEDICARE PART D OPEN ENROLLMENT

Starts today.  Go to the Medicare Part D Plan Finder (at the medicare.gov website) to make sure you have the best plan for next year that meets your needs.

I've been on Part D since it was introduced. I've changed plans several years to get the best "deal" for me.  

Super Contributor

Re: MEDICARE PART D OPEN ENROLLMENT

I was elligible for Medicare in Oct of 2017 but I am still working full time. I just have part A right as I currently have health insurance through my employer but I am thinking about dropping it and having just Medicare. What are the advantages of Part D? Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

@NeNe1010 Part D is drug coverage, which from what I understand is a requirement.

If you decide not buy it, should ever need it in the future, you will be charged a penalty for the rest of your life.  That's how it was explained to me

Super Contributor

OK, thanks! . 

Honored Contributor

@NeNe1010, is there a particular reason you would want to drop your employee provided health care plan for medicare?  Your employee health care plan might be better than medicare.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@NeNe1010, is there a particular reason you would want to drop your employee provided health care plan for medicare?  Your employee health care plan might be better than medicare.

And if it's a paid benefit, it's free.