Respected Contributor

Breast cancer surgery, and even though it’s cosmetic, rhinoplasty. The result was wonderful ...gave me confidence.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

The worst part after the surgery was growing back my hair on the back of my head. I have very long hair and they shaved it off completely back there!  I had to cut off most of my hair. There was no way to conceal it...had to wear scarves or hats. Good thing I became fond of wearing them...I still wear some of them today.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: MEDICAL PROCEDURES...

[ Edited ]

LASIK has been amazing, for the last 10 years.

Aslo, I had life-changing nasal septum surgery (yes, really). Broke my nose in Kindergarten when a basketball hit me in the face.  I remember passing out. They did nothing for me, and they never told my parents-  It healed horribly but I never knew anything else...  Over the years my septum was so contorted, I couldn’t breathe through either nostril.  An awesome surgeon fixed me up about 8 years ago. Thank god for wonderful, talented medical professionals!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MEDICAL PROCEDURES...

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree your amazing. To all that responded what medical miracles we all are! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Respected Contributor

Disk surgery in my neck. My nerves where compressed where I was losing the use of my right arm and hand.

Respected Contributor

@Flatbush wrote:

Can you think of one or a few medical procedures rhat have actually changed your life and made it better.? For me, it was lasik  eye surgery. The morning after I had it done I awoke and   turned my heed to the outside, and I saw all the beautiful green leaves. It's not that I haven't had other procedures i.e. appendix, gall bladder etc,. But the lasik surgery was easy revovery and now I only use readers whan I am reading for a lomg time.

And no, it wasn't covered by insurance, but still worth it.

I agree - I had LASIK in 1999 and I remember having to sign all kinds of paperwork bc I was part of a trial bc LASIK used a brand new excimer laser to reshape the cornea (PRK eye surgery was mostly done back then).  Best decision ever.  

Esteemed Contributor

I had two surgeries that saved my life, melanoma and thyroid cancer. My knee replacement two years ago made a huge difference. I should have the other knee done but it’s an ordeal. Nevertheless,I was able to return to my dance aerobics and Zumba classes. 

Honored Contributor

Not necessarily life changing ... but I've had teeth capped and bonded.  They looked okay before .... but look much better now.

Other then dental ... I've only had two surgeries .. one to remove a cyst from my left arm, and another to repair a badly broken right arm.  

I don't think either qualifies as a life changing procedure.  

Super Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Macular Hole & Cataract surgeries in both eyes.

Yikes....I had the surgery for macular hole.  How was your  recovery....face down for a week?

Trusted Contributor

For me, total hip replacement.  2 1/2 years ago. It made all the difference in my quality of life, before the surgery I was only existing.