Honored Contributor

Unless you are symptomatic , anything over 90 is probably fine.I would imagine a doctor would get concerned for a BP < 90 or if you were having symptoms like dizzyness - extreme tiredness - blurry vision  etc.

Respected Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@sidsmom    I am ususally 110/60  but this physical I was 96/60  That was a shock to me, Is that Low to you?  no, I take NO medication at all for anything.  Maybe I shouldn't worry about this but it seems odd to me.

I had it retaken a week later at the same doctors office and it was 101/60

I use liquid magnesium, Vitamin D-3 and Vitamin K2 MK-7 for bone loss prevention. That is it.

I am like this also...it is what my doc's say on the lower side but not a medical issue that would need medication.  I have had mine go much lower while pregnant yrs back....66/48 in the office when I was being checked.  No med's then he just asked if I had been feeling faint and I said NO just super warm and retaining lot's of water with this baby LOL!

Valued Contributor

Re: Low blood preassure

[ Edited ]

When I was going through radiation treatments for breast cancer my blood pressure was 80/40. I was very dehydrated and exhausted. Many times the doc would have me drink a bottle of water and had me drink it before I left her office. Normally my pressure is around 107/70.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes,I have extreamly low BP.i feel  like the ealking dead sometimes.i know i shou;ld go to the dr ,but I am so not a dr person.

On occasion early in the morning ,it is very high but by noon it is low.

I was on BP meds for yrs because everytime I went to the Dr it was high Of course it  was high.The anxiety of getting ready and running of to his office was stressful ,early in the morning.By noon it was low!

.One day I just called him and said ,thats it ,I'm not comming in anymore  and I am chucking these BP meds because by early afternoon my BP is so low you would think I am dead......

Of course he said come in but I did not,I told him I would keep in touch.......

Don't be like me,go to your Dr and tell him.  Smiley Happy  Potassium and Magnesum can lower BP

(btw I am 80 )

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch

What exact Systolic and Diastolic numbers do you consider to be "low blood pressure"?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor
See another cardiologist. My 28 yr old son in-law has low blood pressure, as do his two brothers and his father....I think that means it is probably hereditary; there could be another cause for yours...take care
Trusted Contributor

When the top number (systolic) less than 90 and the diastolic less than 60, or when you experience symptoms.  Per WebMd

They say low blood pressure is usually of no concern except when it starts to cause symptoms.  In my case....It caused symptoms.  I passed out.  With just a few seconds warning I started to get dizzy, and then I passed.  That is why I was put on medication.I would be sitting at my desk working.  Get dizzy, and start to feel myself fall out of my chair and pass out.  The first time it happened.  My husband found me passed out in the bathroom.  I had no clue as to what happened.  I went to the hospital, paramedics checked my blood pressure...it was low,  I had a concussion.  Hit my head on a tile floor.  Those are some of the risks of low blood pressure.  That is why you are put on medication. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@esmeraldagooch

What exact Systolic and Diastolic numbers do you consider to be "low blood pressure"?

hckynut(john)

96/60   I am ususally 110/60.   I wanted to use Reishi Mushrrooms, holy basil tea and other things but it said they can cause low blood presure.  Now that I am looking things up, there seem to be many plain foods that contrubute to this. I concerned I may make it worse if I eat or drink the wrong thing.  That is why I wrote this thread.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmeraldagooch

Yours are 96/60? My resting regular BP is 90/60, even after I quit taking LoPressor(Metoprolol) BP meds for many years.

My Cardiologist kept reducing the dosage after my 1st heart attack, where I was taking 25mg X 2 every day. Cut it in half to 12.5mg X 2 per day, but my BP still had a very low Diastolic(50-55), with which I had to be careful how quickly I got up etc, to keep from getting light headed. 

With his agreement and consent, I quit taking any BP meds about 10 months ago. My BP still runs(resting now) at 90/60, sometimes the Diastolic even drops into the high 50's number, which does not effect me at all.

As I have always said on this forum, every human body is made up differently. But for me a 90/60 reading is quite normal. I eat basically the same way(foods) I ate prior to my heart attacks, which is a Lacto-ovo Vegetarian type of food program.

When I was on Coumadin (Warfarin) Blood Thinners for 7+ years, I did have to stay away from certain foods, especially dark green veggies. This had NOTHING TO DO with my BP numbers. It was because those foods are higher in Vitamin K, which reduces blood clotting time, and would subject me to a higher risk of Blood Clots, which I already had 2 different episodes of potentially deadly Pulmonary Embolism(PE), and survived.

Not sure what happened to some of what I typed, and/or the font size, but I think you get my post's meaning. My best to you,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Thanks John.  Maybe I will drink the holy basil tea then and take the reishi mushrooms.  If I have any problems I can always stop.