Respected Contributor

So many foods, minerals and herbs naturally lower blood pressure I am having trouble knowing whether they are to blame or just not eating salt is?  Anyone else have low blood pressure?

Honored Contributor

What are you considering low? There can be reasons BP is low - most likely is you are dehydrated. Drink more liquids , esp water.

Honored Contributor

What do you consider low BP?

Are you taking any medication?

Salt, alone, is generally not the cause of low/high blood pressure.

The food surrounding the sodium is usually the regulator. 

Trusted Contributor

I was actually diagnosed as having low blood pressure last year and put on medication.  Not a very common problem.  I would be sitting at my desk working and all of a sudden start to feel like I was passing out.  Can really scare you.  And I live alone.  I keep my self hydrated.  My cardiologist does not kniow the cause. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ruthbe  I met a guy some time ago who told me he had a bad case of low blood pressure.  What they finally discovered was that his body was unable to hold salt, so he was told to eat lots of salt!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Re: Low blood preassure

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom    I am ususally 110/60  but this physical I was 96/60  That was a shock to me, Is that Low to you?  no, I take NO medication at all for anything.  Maybe I shouldn't worry about this but it seems odd to me.

I had it retaken a week later at the same doctors office and it was 101/60

I use liquid magnesium, Vitamin D-3 and Vitamin K2 MK-7 for bone loss prevention. That is it.

Respected Contributor

My dr considers mine on the low side often 98/50 but no special meds needed.

Respected Contributor

@sydsgma1 wrote:

My dr considers mine on the low side often 98/50 but no special meds needed.

Was it always like this? Or is this new?

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

So many foods, minerals and herbs naturally lower blood pressure I am having trouble knowing whether they are to blame or just not eating salt is?  Anyone else have low blood pressure?

My husband has low blood pressure. It used to be 90/55 in his younger days. He drinks A lot of coffee but he has always been fit and active. Now at 70 he still has relatively low pressure but 100/58

He was told it is a sign of longevity. His resting pulse is 57, another sign of athleticism. He still works a full time job and is into fitness and exercises daily.

Trusted Contributor

as a follow up...mine was so low I started to pass out.  That is why the doctor started to put me on medications.  The doctor said that it is better to have lower blood pressure than high blood pressure.  But when it starts to cause problems like what I was having like passing out, then it is time to go on medications.  I would have it as low as 60/40