Honored Contributor

Re: Low Fat/No Fat Diet/Meatless.....

@tansy wrote:

I'm not positive, @QueenDanceALot, but I believe Sid's Mom does not recommend eating nuts.  

@tansy

Nuts, seeds, whole plant fats (i.e. avocado) are perfectly fine as long as

one doesn't not have weight or health issues.  Though, as long as one

consumes enough calories, no overt fats are 'needed' since plenty of

fat is consumed with whole plant based sources.   

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom, I respect your opinion-but I don't totally agree....BUT I will say, veggies rock! The more the better-but not all of us can tolerate the carbs....

If I insulted you by saying "McDougall Thing" or "stuff", I did not mean to....I just recounted my experience and Trinity11 is recounting hers....why are we so wrong for reporting what happened to us?

Love and respect,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

When you eat a fat free diet, you are unable to absorb the fat soluble vitamins; A, D, E, and K.    Fat-soluble vitamins are a subclass of vitamins. These require dietary fats, oils, or lipids to be digested in the human body. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

When you eat a fat free diet, you are unable to absorb the fat soluble vitamins; A, D, E, and K.    Fat-soluble vitamins are a subclass of vitamins. These require dietary fats, oils, or lipids to be digested in the human body. 

No one eats a 'fat free' diet.

Every food contains the macros of carbohydrate/protein/fat.

If someone is that worried about fats then eat them in the natural

whole food form where the vitamin, minerals and important, FIBER 

is still intact.

Olive oil?  Eat olives

Corn oil?  Eat corn

Coconut oil? Eat coconut

Valued Contributor

Fat, glucose, and nutrients like choline are the only things your brain must have to adequately function. Try eating a Mediterranean diet. It is the best for almost every health issue. 

Respected Contributor

Years ago, when "low fat" was a diet craze, I did it and developed gout. My doctor had me stop right away and told me my lack of nutrition gave me gout. Then he told me I was not fat and only needed to lose 10 pounds. I was so hungry I promptly went and had a cheeseburger. Over the years, I have tried many diets but the best plan for me is Weight Watchers. I follow it and have lost plenty of weight and I get to eat anything I want. Weight watchers really teaches me about how to handle emotional eating, holidays, portion sizes and how to eat mindful, most of the time. I really love it. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

No one eats a 'fat free' diet.

Every food contains the macros of carbohydrate/protein/fat.

If someone is that worried about fats then eat them in the natural

whole food form where the vitamin, minerals and important, FIBER 

is still intact.

Olive oil?  Eat olives

Corn oil?  Eat corn

Coconut oil? Eat coconut

@sidsmom  If you go out of your way to avoid any and all fats, you can come close to fat free. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

As the benefits administrator for my company for 17 years, I have processed many many short term disability claims for employees who have followed extreme paths to diet and exercise.

I follow the Primal Blueprint and Mark Sisson promotes the concept of n=1.  You have to find what works for your body and what doesn't.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

As the benefits administrator for my company for 17 years, I have processed many many short term disability claims for employees who have followed extreme paths to diet and exercise.

I follow the Primal Blueprint and Mark Sisson promotes the concept of n=1.  You have to find what works for your body and what doesn't.

@VaBelle35...interesting. That is basically what I followed ..a type of Paleo diet. After 2 heart attacks in less than a year, I attribute some of it to a high protein/fat dietary program. Isn't the Primal Blueprint an extreme diet?

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I'm not positive, @QueenDanceALot, but I believe Sid's Mom does not recommend eating nuts.  

Hi @tansy

While many of sidsmom's posts led me to explore plant-based eating and those who advocate it, I am not on the "Sidsmom Diet" Cat Happy  But, as I think she has said, nuts and seeds are not an issue for those who are not struggling with weight or life-threatening heart disease.  I don't need to lose weight, nor do I have heart disease.

One of the most impressive plant-based doctors I have read and listened to is Dr. Michael Greger, and he discusses eating raw nuts to facilitate nutrient absorption, as do many others.

There are other whole food vegans online talking about the health benefits of nuts, seeds, and avocadoe, such as Mic tthe Vegan (many youtube videos) and a new video on youtube called "It's Nuts" (just posted 2 days ago) about whole food veganism which I found very interesting and spoke directly to me.  This is where I am with this way of eating, and it feels right for me.