Valued Contributor

Lost my husband to complications of Alzheimers

This is an awful disease.  We battled it for about 5 years (early onset). I know many who struggle with it for much longer. He was only 66.  There seems to be no history of it in his family.  He did play football in high school and college. I pray they find a cure for it very soon. It touches so many lives.

Respected Contributor

Re: Lost my husband to complications of Alzheimers

I'm so sorry for your loss and can understand what you've gone through.  My mother died of Alzheimer's 9 years ago and had it about 4 years before she passed.  It is a devastating disease.  One thing I'm thankful for is that she never forgot me or my brother as the disease progressed.  Take care.

Respected Contributor

@chihuahuamom  How sad you must be.  I have been where you were and where you are now.  My DH died after three years from diagnosis with complications of AZ.  Your DH was so young.  Please accept my sincere sympathies.

May you find peace.

Honored Contributor

From our family to yours, hugs and prayers ❤️
Trusted Contributor

I send you my deepest sympathy in your loss.  Your husband was so young!  My Mom also had Alzheimer's.  She lived with it for 9 years, but I think she had it one or two years before that and it just wasn't recognized at that time.  She knew me until about a month before she passed.  It is the family who suffers along with the progression of the disease.  They have made a lot of progress in their knowledge of this devastating disease and hopefully one day they will have the complete knowledge of how to identify and treat it.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.  

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. A friend lost her husband when he was 59 due to dementia. They did tests on his brain tissue and it was linked to his high school football playing. It is an awful disease. Prayers are being said for you.

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

I am very sorry for your loss....sending prayers to you and your family....

Trusted Contributor

I am very sorry for your loss.

Respected Contributor

Sorry for your loss.  Such a terrible disease.

Respected Contributor

so sorry to here of your husbands passing. will pray for him and you.