Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@conlt wrote:

Well honestly, I am 59 and have lost 58 pounds on Weight Watchers. If I had to guess on your struggles, it looks to me that you are not taking in enough calories. Starving yourself or exercising yourself thin is not the way to go. With all the exercise and low calories your metabolism may be in starvation mode, Trying to hold onto what you have because you are not eating enough. Stick to whole foods, pump up your calories and I bet you will lose weight. 

@conlt  Interesting...have to think about how much I am eating  and I do skip meals.

@SeaMaidenBeyond interesting.

Do you keep a food diary so you know how many calories you take in each day?

Do you know how many calories you need for your height and age?  There are online calclators.

Aside from a slowing metabolism because of age (which starts much earlier than 60), are there other reasons it might have slowed?

And that belly...you'll never have the flat (or concave) belly of your younger years.  It's not called "menopot" for nothing.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: Losing 10 pounds

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda  Yes. I am coming to terms with aging little by little....the belly is just one of those terms...🙁  Trying to accept the changes in a positive way....I  try to look on the positive in things ...be thankful for all the good in my life!👍😉

I do do not keep a food diary, but I calculate everything I eat in my head( I know my calories!). And I measure and weigh foods as well.  I average about 1200 to 1400 calories a day. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden 

Deleted by @tends2dogs because post was mean Smiley Sad.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs  I do have fun... but my idea of fun is not your idea of fun or whooping it up as you say. My DH and I do not go out on the  town and whoop it up as you say..

Eating healthy makes me happy.... I enjoy putting good fuel into my body.

Do  I take offense to your post?

Yes I Do.

You are comparing my life to yours and implying mine is not good enough.  I do not drink...not wine ....nothing. Never have.  Is that what I need to  change it up as you say?  Go to bed late, sleep in? Let my hair down? 

I think you need to re read  your post....it IS mean.... to call my life regimented... because YOU choose to eat unhealthy, drink wine and "whoop it up  and let your hair down and I don't?   Hmmmmm......  

I am am glad the Carditone works for your Husband.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tends2dogs  I do have fun... but my idea of fun is not your idea of fun or whooping it up as you say. My DH and I do not go out on the  town and whoop it up as you say..

Eating healthy makes me happy.... I enjoy putting good fuel into my body.

Do  I take offense to your post?

Yes I Do.

You are comparing my life to yours and implying mine is not good enough.  I do not drink...not wine ....nothing. Never have.  Is that what I need to  change it up as you say?  Go to bed late, sleep in? Let my hair down? 

I think you need to re read  your post....it IS mean.... to call my life regimented... because YOU choose to eat unhealthy, drink wine and "whoop it up  and let your hair down and I don't?   Hmmmmm......  

I am am glad the Carditone works for your Husband.

@SeaMaiden  You are right.  I went back and reread my post as you suggested.  It does come off as saying that my way is better than yours.  Nothing could be further from the truth, but I totally see how you could take it that way.  I actually applaud that you can stick to such a healthy lifestyle and obviously you don't feel that you are missing out at all. The fact that you take pleasure in it is something I completely missed in your original post.  My post also came across that my husband and I are party animals.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  We go out dancing and do have a drink.  That is as far as our whooping it up goes.   

I probably should go back and delete my whole post.  It does not read the way I intended.  I see where it comes off mean.  I really am sorry.  As I said, I have always enjoyed conversing with you and learning from you. 

I apologize.  I hope you accept.

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs  For what it's worth, I don't think you were being mean at all. To me, you were being lighthearted about just having some fun.  You don't seem like a person who is intentionally mean and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs

I don't think you were mean either.  I read it as lighthearted food for thought.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Teddie wrote:

@tends2dogs  For what it's worth, I don't think you were being mean at all. To me, you were being lighthearted about just having some fun.  You don't seem like a person who is intentionally mean and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. 

Thanks, @Teddie and @QueenDanceALot I appreciate that you reached out and took the time to post.  I did not mean to offend or hurt SeaMaiden.  I never mean to offend anyone on here.  I try hard not to, but today, I failed.  I deleted the post and will move forward.   I hope she will, too, because we have posted back and forth in the past and I don't want that to end.

TA

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tends2dogs

I don't think you were mean either.  I read it as lighthearted food for thought.

@QueenDanceALot  Totally. 

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

Thanks, @Teddie and @QueenDanceALot I appreciate that you reached out and took the time to post.  I did not mean to offend or hurt SeaMaiden.  I never mean to offend anyone on here.  I try hard not to, but today, I failed.  I deleted the post and will move forward.   I hope she will, too, because we have posted back and forth in the past and I don't want that to end.

TA

@tends2dogs  You are being way too hard on yourself. You didn't do anything wrong. It's all in how someone reads into it. I took it as I said, lighthearted and fun. No ill-intention meant.