Super Contributor

Looking for some inspiring stories ... anyone treat cancer holistically with + outcome

Looking for inspiring stories and any other guidance.

This has been a very hard year for us ... I have a special needs daughter that neede to be put in a residential school and my husband's company, where he has been employed for 25 years, is closing all their offices in NJ so he will be jobless.

The same week we found out my dear sweet labrador Daisy has cancer. She is the sweetest dog in the world and we would go to the ends of the earth to help her.

Unfortunately we caught the cancer too late and it spread to her lymph nodes. She is not a candidate for traditional medical treatment. The oncologist gave her a few weeks at best. We do have her on steroids and benadryl.

In the interim I have stayed up many night scourung the web for information on holisitic treatments. There is a wealth of information on pets as many people are unable to afford traditional treatment.

Right now we are doing a cancer dog diet (all home cooked high protein high fat) that makes the body alkaline, budwig protocol, essiac tea, lots of anti-cancer foods like berries/walnuts/garlic/broccoli/cauliflower, high doses of tumeric, high doses or probiotic vitamins, high does of digestive enzymes. CoQ10, mushroom extracts, selenium, alpha tablets, aloe vera, amongst other things.

It is a 24 hour effort as many of the items are taken on an empty stomach 2x a day. We often get up at least once and sometimes twice in thye middle of the night with the dog.

It is also not cheap considering our finances.

We are 3 weeks into this and for now she continues to act normally.

I am overwhelmed these days and could use some inspiration.

PLEASE don't post anything that is not positive.

I am overwhelmed by it all.