Regular Contributor

Looking for a new treadmill any recommendations ?

Price range from $1500.00 to maybe $2,000.00. I do not mind spending a little more because my treadmill lasted a long, long time.

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for a new treadmill any recommendations ?

I have a Nordic Track Quad Flex...not sure of the model number. I love it! It has lots of bells and whistles that I don't use, like Google maps and a trainer, etc. We purchased it at the Sears Outlet so it was already assembled - can't say enough about it - a great purchase!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm looking for a row machine and Googled top-rated exercise equipment. Found helpful information. This is a good place to begin. Read many online reviews. Good luck.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

What brand did you have before? Stick with that.

Add'l thought...LifeFitness or Precor are the most popular brands in fitness clubs.

Another thought....$2,000 would buy you a nice moderately priced gym membership for 2-3 years...and you would have treadmills as well as every piece of gym equipment @ your disposal. Sounds like you're an at-home exerciser, but it's nice to walk into a gym & it's like a playground! So many choices!

Honored Contributor

On 12/3/2014 ury said:

I'm looking for a row machine and Googled top-rated exercise equipment. Found helpful information. This is a good place to begin. Read many online reviews. Good luck.

ury: Concept2 is the grand-daddy of all rowing equipment. Their website is packed full of information....even an open forum, much like this. concept2.com

Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone. I am so confused right now with all of the choices. I had my treadmill a long time. The brand is no longer sold in the US only UK, its a name no one ever heard of Turtini.

Honored Contributor

You definitely picked the perfect time to buy fitness equipment! You'll be able to name your price (!) for all the New Year's sales out there! Be sure & factor in any delivery and/or set up fees to get the best deal. Good luck! In good health....Sidsmom

Regular Contributor

On 12/3/2014 sidsmom said:

You definitely picked the perfect time to buy fitness equipment! You'll be able to name your price (!) for all the New Year's sales out there! Be sure & factor in any delivery and/or set up fees to get the best deal. Good luck! In good health....Sidsmom

Thanks. Yes, the prices are great, maybe that's my problem. I was checking out Precor, Vision Fitness (I have a recumbent bike) in that brand and Nordictrack.

Super Contributor

You can get a really nice one for less than the amount you mentioned. Mine is by Proform, and cost $700 6 years ago. Probably more now, but not $1500. HSN sells Proform although I bought mine direct from Proform.
Honored Contributor

I have had my Trotter since 1984 and it still runs fine with close to 18,000 miles on it. Bought a Sole treadmill in 2009 for my wife. For the quality and the features, plus their record of duribility, my choice would still be a Sole. What model? Depends on how it will used and how hard.
hckynut(john)