Super Contributor

Re: Looking For A New Dentist

Devil is in the details. 

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

What does $15/month provide you? Not much I suspect.

@ahoymate  I guess to your way of thinking it isn’t much. Cleanings, xrays, any other work is charged according to price agreeded upon with the plan. It’s worth it to me or I wouldn’t have it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@drizzellla Your experience is similar to my very expensive - and then loss of tooth - that had never given me a problem or a grumble.  That's when I changed dentist - refused to give him another opportunity to touch my teeth...to 'gold dig' $$$$$

Good for you! Excellent point "gold dig" - AND talk about gold dig. My previous Dentist was a wise older man. He liked to make all the crowns with gold because it was a soft metal. My current Dentist replaced all the gold crowns and he kept them. I should have stopped him, because there was nothing wrong with the crowns, He always wants to replace my crowns so he can charge me $1,500.

Honored Contributor

My husband just had a filling drilled out and replaced and is waiting for his crown. It cost 1300 dollars. The dentist used all his insurance from our Advantage plan for the year and we still owed them 800 dollars. Now he has to pay for both of his cleanings for 2020. This is a new dentist for us, his dentist retired and my dentist didn't take my Advantage plans dental, plus he was so expensive anyway. I can't imagine there are many plans that pay what the dentists charge for restorative work these days.