Honored Contributor

Lit Review. Phys distancing, face masks, eye protection to prevent person-to-person transmission

[ Edited ]

Physical distancing, face masks, and eye protection to prevent person-to-person transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis

The most up-to-date scientific review of all the literature on distancing, face masks, eye protection and transmission. Published this July in "The Lancet" the prestigious British medical journal. This is a comprehensive review of all the  research and includes effects of eye protection. The full article is available here for free. If you are interested in the science or are a medical professional this is my gift to you.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiy7YPM7tvqAhXKmq0KHdpMBCEQ...

Honored Contributor

Re: Lit Review. Phys distancing, face masks, eye protection to prevent person-to-person transmission

@Mindy D I saw a pre-publishing snippet about that Lancet article.  I'd assume lots of details about what they'd learned from experiences all over the world, but I walked away from what I read comfortable that I'm doing what I personally need to do.

Here's an irony -  when I left Florida for NY in June, some of my friends were aghast I'd take the chance.  Now -  no one here thinks I should chance returning to Florida in the early fall as I've been doing for years.

I'll be watching both places carefully because in both states, the counties where I live are similar in size.  But here, there are fewer than 800 virus patients in the hospitals and the death toll for the county is hovering at 7 to 10, way better than Palm Beach County. 

I'm not sure even NY is going to escape the upward spiral though.  Way too many people still thinking they will not get sick and truly not caring that they could make themselves instruments of the spread.  To my mind, they might as well be drunk drivers on a busy road!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lit Review. Phys distancing, face masks, eye protection to prevent person-to-person transmission

Interesting about the strong indicator for distance.