Honored Contributor

Re: List of meds affecting blood sugar. Don’t forget the effect of meds on blood sugar

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining wrote:

Really?  Citing a site with these ads?

3 Foods to Lower Blood Sugar FAST

How to Remove Dark Spots

How to Fix Aging Skin

I Beg Everyone to Quit 3 Foods

One Thing That Will Flush Out Your Bowels

She's 46, But Looks 25

@Still Raining I’m a bit confused about this. There are no ads in my link at all. My link is to a pdf. 

Honored Contributor

Re: List of meds affecting blood sugar. Don’t forget the effect of meds on blood sugar

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

Here’s a listing of all U.S. meds that affect blood sugar levels. You can check for the meds you take and of course you can speak with your physician and pharmacist if you have further questions. Among the classes of medications are steroids, diuretics, statins, antibiotics (and the infections they treat). http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/390-Drugs-That-Can-Affect-Blood-Sugars-F...

The operative word is "may", I did not see in the article the word "causes".  Medications are either processed through the kidneys or liver.

I don’t refer to causes at all. Some posters on this thread have said this. An elevation in blood sugar is not the same thing as diabetes. Just because a person has elevated blood sugar while taking a particular medication does not mean that person has diabetes. The list I’m posting is a list for reduced or elevated blood sugar levels associated with medications. No medication is expected to result in every known side effect associated with it, so of course a reader of the list should infer that a listed medication’s effect is only a possible outcome and not a certainty. The list is for reference, especially in a clinical or pharmacy setting. The references used in the composition of the list are found on the last page of the PDF. You should also know that the list can not be considered complete because new testing and new medications can necessitate updating of the list. 

@Mindy D- You have edited your opening post.  It's cool. This is your thing.

I always wind up editing. I make typos and I can never remember everything I need to write until after I post. I also have to go back online to get my link after I write the post.