Trusted Contributor

Re: Lifeline medical screenings

My experience was similar to World Traveler.  I've gone to LifeLine probably 3 or 4 times over the past 12 years.  I look at it as supplementation to my regular doctor's visits and don't duplicate the testing that my doctor does.  I think the costs are very reasonable.  I've been to various locations that they have in my area.  Yes, depending on where/when you go, there maybe a number of people in the waiting area.  I've only had that happen to me once. 

The area that you are being tested in is private, but usually areas are separated by white, mobile  room dividers.  I felt that for what you get, the experience was well worth my money.  My doctor agrees.  You definitely can get bundled tests, and if you don't sign up right away, they will send you additional opportunities!!!

Super Contributor

@susan kay and @PINKdogWOOD Thank you both so much for your input and glad to "hear" the postive comments.

I knew there were many good posters here willing to give good, valid opinions! Heart

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Honored Contributor

Seems like a good idea, to me, anyway.  Sometimes we forget to ask our docs about having 'this and that' tests done, etc.  We have received a few flyers in the past years, think it's a good idea, but, somehow we 'forgot' to go, lol.  Maybe next time.  Every bit of information helps, even if it's only to cheer us when our test results are (hopefully) good.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

@ROMARY I agree! Anytime we get good news, it's a good day! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'You know', now that I'm thinking about it..........'Could be' (not sure, of course) that some mainstream docs/HMO's/insurance(s)/ whatever else won't request/order/approve these tests, anyway, especially if/when we feel fine, no symptoms.  I think that a good, fairly easy and quick way is to go directly to the clinics/places described here, be in control, have the tests done ourselves, on our own. Just to be safe.  Hopefully all is well.  And, if not, mainstream medicine can investigate the problem further.  Just a thought/nothing scientific/nothing documented/no links/etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luv2drive  I will also say that I get the same 5 series of tests done and not every year either.  The last time I had these done, they reflected a bit of blockage in the carotid artery.  I did have them done again this year and there was no blockage which I was very happy to find.  They do these types of tests with an ultrasound so I feel that it's a good legit test. 

One of the 5 that they do is a bone density which I do have repeated with a better test via my PCP because of female osteoperosis (1) and (2) I've had back surgery ie herniated disc back in 1996 and they check for any deteriorization in my hips & back as well.  I rcvd a clean bill of health on this from PCP (part of my annual physical this yr).  Good for me!

Super Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD and @ROMARY  Thanks so much for your additional thoughts on this subject

I'm sure the doctors can't order these tests without cause due to insurance not paying for preventative and expense getting them done through them. Lifeline seemed to be very reasonable

Good info and glad to hear about good test results! Smiley Happy