Honored Contributor

Re: Life lines on your palms (sequel to thread about DNA strands)

On 2/11/2015 Fona said:

Ford: Many years ago (when I was young and foolish) I took an interest in palm reading and this is what I remember. Your life line is the line that actually curves around your thumb - it starts just above where your thumb is joined to your hand and then curves around the fleshy part. I also remember that the line on your left hand is "what you were born with", and the line on your right hand shows how your life is turning out. Now, I realize I am no expert, but this is what I remember. I must say that your post is giving me a new interest in the subject.

Yes. On my right hand, the line starts about 1/4" on my palm above the thumb and is very much like the line shown on the linked article. In fact, the bottom of the line goes way past the bottom of my thumb almost to the top part of my thumb on the outer side and is very dominant. I have shortened tendons in my palm now because of the RA, and my whole hand is starting to swing outward toward the right (very ugly), but the lifeline is still very visible.

On my left, the line breaks about three-quarters of the way down and I've always thought that's probably when I came down with RA. Of course one has to take all this with a grain of salt.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 2/11/2015 Marienkaefer2 said: I had my hands "read" by someone and it was actually interesting, not at all like the typical palm reading we think.of. I had never met this person before and she gave a lot of insight into my.life that she could not have known or guessed. It's called integrative hand analysis. There was no predicting of my future. It was more about my personality, etc. I found it interesting.

That I could see . . . more than a fortune teller type reading.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 2/11/2015 FATCATinCT said:

Ford, you made me look!

My right hand line is shorter than my left.

I had my palm read by a coworker years and years ago. She told me I would have two boys VERY close in age and laughed saying don't believe the stories about not being able to get pregnant while nursing because you can. She was convinced I would have one right after the other. I had twin boys! She also said I would have a girl that would be much younger than them. Never did have another child but I'll always remember he telling me about the boys. I do think there is something to palm reading.

Ha ha, made you look!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Your co-worker was certainly half right!

Formerly Ford1224
Trusted Contributor

I have a deceased uncle who read my palm as a child. He told me I would have two marriages , the second one would last. Also that I would have two children and both would be the same gender.

All was accurate. Luck? I don't know.{#emotions_dlg.confused1} Would have loved to been told more.

He said when I was older , he needed to "discuss" what else he saw. We never got to discuss those things and he is now gone.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

On 2/12/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 2/11/2015 Marienkaefer2 said: I had my hands "read" by someone and it was actually interesting, not at all like the typical palm reading we think.of. I had never met this person before and she gave a lot of insight into my.life that she could not have known or guessed. It's called integrative hand analysis. There was no predicting of my future. It was more about my personality, etc. I found it interesting.

Hi Ford! Actually, it was fascinating in its own way. She said that we all give off energy, and that a lot of it comes through our nerve endings and into our hands. Therefore, they type of energy we give off, frequency, etc., influences the markings on our hands. That's how she can tell a bit about someone's personality. There are actually studies behind this. Whether one wants to suscribe to it or not, is up to them. I just like to learn about different things, and this definitely was interesting to me.

Btw, I have a friend who is clairvoyant, but she never tells the future. She only intuits things for you based on what you tell her, your energy, etc. She will give you choices or possibilities, but she always says, "The best way to predict your future is to create it."

I think these people can help us in focusing on what might hold us back from making decisions or moving foward in life, but it's up to us to overcome our own challenges.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

On 2/12/2015 Marienkaefer2 said:

Hi Ford! Actually, it was fascinating in its own way. She said that we all give off energy, and that a lot of it comes through our nerve endings and into our hands. Therefore, they type of energy we give off, frequency, etc., influences the markings on our hands. That's how she can tell a bit about someone's personality. There are actually studies behind this. Whether one wants to suscribe to it or not, is up to them. I just like to learn about different things, and this definitely was interesting to me.

Btw, I have a friend who is clairvoyant, but she never tells the future. She only intuits things for you based on what you tell her, your energy, etc. She will give you choices or possibilities, but she always says, "The best way to predict your future is to create it."

I think these people can help us in focusing on what might hold us back from making decisions or moving foward in life, but it's up to us to overcome our own challenges.

You're a sweetheart, Marien. I love your posts. I will tell you my hands are certainly announcing to the world the condition I suffer from these days. They are awful and they used to be pretty. Oh well.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

I think it reflects how much time you've spent at a keyboard. Now I'll buy that one! LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Sooner said:

I think it reflects how much time you've spent at a keyboard. Now I'll buy that one! LOL!!!

When the day comes that I cannot type, I really don't know what I will do. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 2/13/2015 Sooner said:

When the day comes that I cannot type, I really don't know what I will do. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

You'll get one of the Amazon Echo voice recognition things and then it will hear you, fulfill your every need and SPY on you all at the same time! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 2/12/2015 Marienkaefer2 said:

You're a sweetheart, Marien. I love your posts. I will tell you my hands are certainly announcing to the world the condition I suffer from these days. They are awful and they used to be pretty. Oh well.

Ford, you're a sweetheart! And I enjoy your posts, too! You always write something thoughtful, and thought provoking. Smiley Happy I'm sorry about your hands, but you're still a beautiful woman, inside AND out, from that picture you posted recently! Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero