Respected Contributor

Let's chat "Protein Bars"...........

Have you found one that really taste good? I have been trying them and I really like Quest Bar (Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough) and ON1E Bar (Almond Bliss). They all seem to have that "protein" after taste. 🙋🏻
Honored Contributor

Re: Let's chat "Protein Bars"...........

You may want to do a search of the forums as I know there was a thread about this fairly recently. 

I am finding that some I was able to eat in the past now upset my stomach something horrible.

Personally, I just tossed 2 Quest bars in the trash because they were causing me problems and I thought they had a terrible after taste.

I like the Luna Protein bars and Zone Perfect but I don't know how great any of these bars really are for us.  Many are loaded with sugar.  I need something I can eat at my desk at work and these fit the bill.

Honored Contributor

I don't eat many protein bars but when I do I always go for Zone Perfect in dark chocolate almond. 

190 calories and It contains 12 grams of protein, 13 grams of sugar, 6 grams of fat and 8% sodium. It might not meet everyone's needs nutritionally with the sugar but it fits in with the diet I have. 

Respected Contributor

I like the Kind bars...but limit the amount I consume...most protein bars are high in sugars and fat.  They are meant to be a meal replacement not a snack.   In my case they generally leave me hungry because they are just not as filling as eating a real meal.  

Honored Contributor

I like Trader Joe's chia bars.they only have 3grams protein,4 grams sugar,5 grams fat and contain 100calories.The chia is really filling and the ingredients are all natural.

Honored Contributor

Costco now has their version of Quest Bars, but only in two flavors; chocolate chip and chocolate brownie. We like those flavors and that they are sweetened with stevia. They protein is high while they are relatively low cal and gluten free. The price is better than Quest. Whatever you decide to try, be a label reader. Many of these so-called protein bars aren't much better than a candy bar.
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty

What has this got to do with Beauty?

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Naturesbeauty

LOL @Tinkrbl44, you never disappoint!

Beauty DOES start on the inside, right? Your diet contributes to your skin's health and makes a difference in how you look! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Naturesbeauty

LOL @Tinkrbl44, you never disappoint!

Beauty DOES start on the inside, right? Your diet contributes to your skin's health and makes a difference in how you look! Smiley Wink

@Texasmouse

Yeah, right.   These conversations happen frequently in the Wellness section ... you know, where we discuss Health ?   

Trusted Contributor

You have to choose protein bars carefully. Most are glorified candy bars with too much sugar and too many carbs. If they taste really good, they probably aren't good for you.