Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I use his "Complete" line of multivitamin and it has 4-5 capsules. 

So, I'm wondering if this one pill has all those ingredients?

Probably not, but I'm too lazy to compareCat LOL

I am going to try the Cholestracare product this time.  DH has borderline numbers and a family history of it being high.

@Witchy Woman, his Complete is more "complete" and his Elite (which I take) is even more comprehensive. -- Just go to the procapslabs website and click on his Vitamin Calculator. This will allow you to compare the ingredients in the Essential-1 to the ingredients in the Complete multivitamin.

That said, his Essential-1 multivitamin is excellent and a great place to start. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@CLEM wrote:

I just ordered the Essentials-1, the ColestaCare, and the large Oatmeal. 

Love the oatmeal and have been eating it for over a year.  It's nice and chewy and together with the ColestaCare has brought my colesterol level down by about 40 points as of June 1, 2016.

@CLEM

I tried both varieties and really like them- the Bran especially! It has more fiber and protein also. It's  pricey, even with the current sale. Can't we just  buy Bran oatmeal elsewhere and open up/add a CholestaCare capsule? Has Andrew ever addressed this?

@Ibby114, I don't have a cholesterol issue so I haven't really listened to Andrew's presentations on his cholesterol lowering supplements and foods. 

That said, from what I've heard when I listened to his presentations, I don't see why you couldn't purchase Bran oatmeal elsewhere and just add his CholestaCare to it.

I think that when Andrew created these two breakfast products, his focus was to: 

1) make sure it was gluten free (maybe 25% of the populating is gluten sensitive, as opposed to having celiac disease)

2) he wanted to have an organic product

I hope this information helps. Best of luck!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Ibby114

It is difficult (for me) to find gluten-free Oatmeal. And then AL adds In the plant sterols. This makes his a better way to eat oatmeal for me.  

I need both gluten-free and cholesterol lowering.

@LTT1 organic matters with the oatmeal- but I don't need it to be gluten free. I watched gluten a few years back and corn was my main grain. I had so many resulting GI issues.

Cholesterol lowering is essential, I was thinking I could open up a cholesta care capsule and mix it in another organic bran oatmeal. It would be a huge savings-  I could buy other Andrew items then! Woman Wink

@Ibby114, Andrew has mentioned that the reason it had been so difficult to create this pruduct was that he wanted it to be both gluten free AND organic. -- He could easily find one or the other, but finding both features was extremely difficult. 

I get the feeling that Andrew has contracted with specific producers, and so when they run out of product then it's not available for a while. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Ibby114

I'm thinking of switching to the Essentials 1.  As I mentioned, DH comments on how many pills are in his little cup. 

It will be easier to get him to take a new product if I reduce the number of pillsCat LOL

@Witchy Woman, lol, and that's exactly why my parents are on his Essential-1 instead of the Complete. -- Getting my mom to take supplements is a bit like pulling teeth. It's an easier sell when their are fewer pills for her to swallow. 

The one thing to not with the Essential-1 is that it only supplies about 10% RDA for calcium and magnesium. There just wasn't room to put more of these ingredients in this one capsule. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@laro wrote:

Has Andrew mentioned if he will be having a Today's Special on the ChocoNuvo before he stops shipping it for the summer?

Hi @laro, I ha ven't heard him directly address this but, based on his past TS schedule history, I don't think so.

Andrew won't be back until mid-April and he stops shipping the ChocoNuvo in April. -- Also it's almost definite that his TS values for April will be the Ultimate Omega-3 and the Ultimate Eye Support.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Wondering if Andrew's Cinnamon can be cooked with and why he would not make it in a shaker bottle?

@hopi, I don't know if his cinnamon can be cooked or if that would interfere with it's potency. -- Your best bet is to call Procaps Labs directly and see if they can get an answer for you. -- That's what I do and they are great about getting back to me. Smiley Happy

btw, in the past six months he occasionally he has talked about how he wants to make some of his supplements available in powder form in jars (i.e. not in capsules). 

Years ago, he asked people if this is something that they would be interested in but he didn't seem to get much interest in this.

I really hope he does go this way. I have the feeling that his manual encapsulation process -- which takes time -- plays a part in the cost of his supplements. I would really like to have the option to just purchase some of his supplements as a powder. 

lol, that said, some individual ingredients (like MSM and NAC) are NOT particularly tasty. ;(

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

As an aside -- I love the way Andrew looks at MurielCat Wink

I have all her cookbooks and they are some of the few I use now.

She is really a delight.

@Witchy Woman, agreed. Seeing them together puts a smile on my face. They deserve each other in the very bestest sense. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Witchy Woman@Nightowlz@Ibby114

I have noticed this too, that we need less capsules per day because of the Essential 1. 

Another product I love but don't see except on Procaps is called Oxy something... contains Mg and K.

The fewer number of caps per day and my DH is more willing to take.

I did purchase the large pack of eye vitamins for him, which have sealed packets with three capsules in them.

I don't see why you couldn't or shouldn't empty a capsule of cholesta care into plain store bought oatmeal, but I may look it up!

I need GF anyway though.

@LTT1 I remember seeing that Oxy products on his site. He has some other products on his site I have not seen on the HSN site.

If you want to open one of his capsules I would taste it 1st. I have problems taking his circulation support. Sometimes it does not go down & starts dissolving in my throat. Next thing I know I'm coughing & powder is either coming out of my mouth or nose & it's gross tasting. LOL!!!

@Nightowlz and @LTT1, lol, I've been combing through his vitamin listings for years and that supplement doesn't ring any bells. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just picked up some of his Berberine. It's still expensive but most others are, too.

@SilleeMee, please report back to the forum as to how you like it. -- A lot of us are still trying to get a better handle on it and how well it works. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@hopi wrote:

Wondering if Andrew's Cinnamon can be cooked with and why he would not make it in a shaker bottle?

@hopi,

Do you know if he uses Cassia or Ceylon?

Guess I could have looked before I asked. Surprisingly, he uses the Cassia. 

@SilleeMee, Andrew has said that the research showing results is on the Cassia cinnamon. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy