Esteemed Contributor

Lessman Marine Collagen Peptide pricing

[ Edited ]

The 240 is currently $179, but I'm not sure if that is the best pricing for the year.

I don't think it has been a TS, but don't follow all that close.

If it's not going to be lower this year, I might have to reorder.

Thanks.

ETA:  I checked my previous orders and I see I paid $129 for that same size.  Think I'll wait for a bit.  Should have done that to begin with, and just forgot!

Honored Contributor

Re: Lessman Marine Collagen Petidide pricing

Let me start off and say, I do not know the answer. 

But I would wait. It has been a TS in the past. And the savings is worth it.

I would also like to pass on my experience. I was just diagnosed with "fatty liver". I had been taking Andrew Lessman's PC Liver and Brain Benefits. The bottle was getting low. So I decided to reorder another bottle. The product was at a reduced rate.

About a week after I got the new bottle, I happened to notice that the same product was at a reduced rate from what I paid. I hope one of these days, I will learn to be a better shopper.

Honored Contributor

Lessman's main ingredient in his marine product is tilapia, not a very healthy choice. 

Super Contributor

Have you looked at the 'free range' Lessman Marine Collagen Petidide? I got a 360  serving for $99.90 last Sept. It was the TS.

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle Is it bad that he uses tilapia for this product? I understand that tilapia doesn't grow in the wild, that it's strictly a GMO farmed fish, and that's a turnoff for me in terms of choosing fish I would choose to eat - though the flavor is actually ok. But if the fish is just being used for the collagen, not for omega-3 or anything else, I wonder if it makes a difference?

anyone know? Where do you get your information? I have searched but not seen anything.

thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

@Shelbelle Is it bad that he uses tilapia for this product? I understand that tilapia doesn't grow in the wild, that it's strictly a GMO farmed fish, and that's a turnoff for me in terms of choosing fish I would choose to eat - though the flavor is actually ok. But if the fish is just being used for the collagen, not for omega-3 or anything else, I wonder if it makes a difference?

anyone know? Where do you get your information? I have searched but not seen anything.

thanks!

Ive been eating tilapia for over 15 years and never a problem.  Same with swordfish. Dont listen to what the media says.  

Honored Contributor

We eat only fish caught in the wild, farm raised, GMO is enough to make it a product not to ingest. Andrew should know better, and I am sure he does.  I wonder if he eats tilapia?

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

We eat only fish caught in the wild, farm raised, GMO is enough to make it a product not to ingest. Andrew should know better, and I am sure he does.  I wonder if he eats tilapia?

@Shelbelle    as long as the fish isnt from China I would not worry about whether it is wild or farm raished.  Farm raised fisheries can control the quality of the water. It is often safer, especially compared to the dirty waters of China or Indonesia.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle    as long as the fish isnt from China I would not worry about whether it is wild or farm raished.  Farm raised fisheries can control the quality of the water. It is often safer, especially compared to the dirty waters of China or Indonesia.

My DH is very fussy about his intake of food, and since tilapia got popular he has refused to eat it, so we dont. He buys salmon and cod.  Alaskan wild caught. We are in MD so we eat a lot of crab, but that also has to be from specific regions, or he wont buy it. There has to be other collagens out there not made from tilapia. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tangocash 

I've considered it, but have been using the Marine version for several years.