Honored Contributor

Leg toner workout machine sold on Shop NBC

I have also seen these for sale on QVC.   Who has one and or has tried it? Reviews?6083B328-B005-45ED-9D11-DB8DA06FDABA.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Leg toner workout machine sold on Shop NBC

My balance isn't great.  I'd kill myself on that thing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

My balance isn't great.  I'd kill myself on that thing.

@Kachina624   I see now that  the reviews are only a 3....and the complaints are about no resistance and threat of falling....  a No for me too!

Honored Contributor

My friend has the Leg Master and I got on it one time. It makes you work the inner and outer thighs and it's not easy to keep going for any length of time. I think I was on it for less than a couple of minutes and then I gave up. I didn't feel like I was going to fall off or anything but it was just too difficult to keep going. I wouldn't buy one after that experience.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have one of these pushed in the back of a closet as I write this...Woman Very Happy

I bought it from the Q several years ago.  If memory serves me correctly, the woman selling it said she had something like 8 kids and hated to exercise.  Her husband invented this for her because it worked all the leg muscles in only minutes a day!

I never stuck to it.  I don't remember ever feeling like I was going to fall off it.  I suppose if anyone had balance issues it might not be a wise purchase. You can feel it working your leg muscles in just a couple of minutes.   If someone likes exercise equipment, this wouldn't be a bad addition.  Shop HQ has such high shipping rates it may be an expensive trial.  I think when I bought it the price was around $80.

Good luck, @SeaMaiden , with what you decide......I wonder if Amazon has it?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

I have the one sold on QVC and the one on shop HQ. I used the one on QVC first and I can tell you it made me more sore than any other piece of equipment I've used working leg muscles including my total gym. I later bought the one on shop HQ because it has a longer range (wider) for some reason I never felt it did the same as the one from QVC did, but maybe that's because I had already use the QVC one first and tortured those muscles previously😬.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer ..did you lose any inches in your thigh area?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden 

From the times I have seen this machines presentations, a few years back! I can't address the balance issue because I have not been on one. But seeing there is a handle, I would think that would help somewhat with that issue.

From its design it looks like it primarily works the inner thigh (adductor) muscles. And also the outter thigh(vastus lateralis) muscles. There are very few machines where it is easy to replicate these movements.

I have a Total Gym 2000, and I could not improvise a good way to do this. With my Bowflex I could, but it took some changing around of the pulley system. 

I know that Therabands, or something similar, can replicate both of these exercises. Since it seems a person could not do this for a long period of time, I don't see it doing much for one's Cardio System.

With any type of resistance bands, wrapping it around a solid object would be easy to do. Set your own resistance with thicker bands, or by shortening the length of the band, which increases resistance. Then just do the number of Reps and sets that work for you.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@BExplorer ..did you lose any inches in your thigh area?

@Mom2Dogs  I wish I could answer that question with some certainty, but I honestly can't. That was during a time that I was hitting the exercising pretty hard as well as eating a very clean diet. So it's not like I was only using that machine alone. I would have to say though it was effective because I had never felt burn and soreness  like that in my inner thighs.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt