Valued Contributor

Re: Left knee replacement tomorrow

Sending good thoughts and prayers for a successful operation.

Respected Contributor

@Vivian Glad you have decided to get your surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian 

@Vivian wrote:

Five years ago I had the right knee done. It worked out very well. I postponed doing the left because of my mother's stroke, my husband's stroke and Alzheimer's, and my dog's cancer. My beloved beagle is gone but my mother and husband will never recover. I waited way too long to get my knee done. I can't even walk anymore without extreme pain. I realized health doesn't wait. Once again I learned my lesson the hard way.

MY sister had hers done in Nov. and first three weeks were hard, now she is startng to drive again.  She will have the other leg done in March.  She also was in a lot of pain with her knee and decided to do the surgery.  Lots of good luck and prayers with surgery and recovery.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian   I hope all went well with your surgery...praying for a healthy, speedy recovery.

Respected Contributor

20230117_142336.jpg

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to everyone! The surgery went well. I was sent home after one day, which is a change from 5 years ago, when 3 days was the norm. Of course there's pain. I expected it. I've had PT already and I'm trying to do the exercises several times each day. Unlike the info the hospital gave me, my appetite is NOT down. My daughter is catering to my every whim. She nags the heck out of me when I forget to use the walker. May that be my biggest problem.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian 

Wonderful news!  Am sure this recovery will be nothing like your previous recovery; my brothers recent recovery was completely different from mine, and he made it look easy.  

Sending best wishes to you for each day to be less painful with more movement!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian 

Glad to hear all went well and you are now home working on your recovery. As my wife said to me after her TKR, "now the hard part begins". 

Best wishes for a problem free recovery getting to the good range of flexion.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

714254568_1312267.gif

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran