Honored Contributor

I second the almond milk.  They now make almond milk yogurt and cream cheese too etc. 

There is a brand called Kite Hill which I can sometimes find in my local supermarkets.  I think it tastes pretty much the same as regular dairy products.  

Honored Contributor

My DD is lactose intolerent--no dairy for her. we drink Blue Diamond unsweeten original almond milk which, IMO, is the very best tasting. Some store brands are ok. I like BlueD because it isn't thick like some of the others. Also cook/bake with it and you can't tell a difference. I use soy milk to make her yogurt too. found one cheese she likes--called Chao--its a white sliced cheese that she likes. also a brand called Tofutti that has a pretty good cream cheese. And I buy a margerine with no dairy like I Can't believe It's not Butter for her too. Some of these things ar a little pricier of course. Also nutritional yeast is good in place of parm cheese. 

Valued Contributor

Lactaid milk, lactaid cheese, lactaid ice cream

Regular Contributor

Fortunately I can tolerate yogurt> I use Fairlife milk and do purchase some lactose free food products.  Also take lactase tablets when eating foods with milk or cream > costco has very good ones.Each tablet is equal to three of other brands.

Honored Contributor

Taking a daily supplement - either lactose support, dairy digest, lactase enzyme, or digestive enzymes. 

All are available at Amazon, plus they also have fast-acting lactose intolerance products including the one made by Lactaid.

Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Valued Contributor
My husband recently lactose-intolerant. A new challenge. One surprise- the Align probiotic he was taking has milk in the ingredients so GI dr. recommended Floristor. Not cheap.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lactose Intolerance

[ Edited ]

I find I can tolerate GoodBelly lactose free yoghurt, all the Lactaid products - cottage cheese, ice cream, sour cream and milk, and Green Valley lactose free cream cheese and yoghurt, greenvalleylactosefree.com. I usually drink Califia Farms Oatmilk. I am glad there are so many more lactose free products available than there used to be.

Esteemed Contributor

A2 milk 🥛 is good.

Super Contributor

I am lactose and I found  through a friend to take "Digestive Advantage" Lactose Defense Formula.  It's sold over the counter but I am on a auto-delivery from Amazon so I am never without it.  I take one in the morning (every day) and as needed another one if I eat some dairy (pizza etc.)  It does help alot but if I over do-it during the day with too many foods I will get the cramps/etc.  I found Borden's has Lactose Free slices of American Cheese by chance and now I can have a grilled cheese now and then,, I first found it in Shop-rite and tten again in Wiese food store... Not every supermarket carries it and so I bought several packages so now I am set for a lunch or cheese/crackers... Not much else seems to help - I have been sick with it many times but  once it passes takes time to feel better again ao I just give up what causes problems.