Honored Contributor

My hubby somehow lacerated his spleen, he went to work on Monday with a terrible stomach ache, expecting it to get better, well it did not. At 5 PM were were at the urgent care connected with our internist and at 5:45 we were at the ER. It was surely a day I wish he stayed home

He had a CT scan with IV contrast and then a second one where he drank the contrast.

It was determined that he had a laceration on his spleen. Thing is he does no recall calling or any sort of injury.

He spent two nights in the hospital and has a follow up with the doctor on Monday.

Its been a long week or not knowing which end is up

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Yikes! How painful for him. It is interesting no injury. Wonder what caused it?  What happens next?  Will he have to have surgery or just  R&R? 

Honored Contributor

Ouch I wonder how that could have happened.

Has he been in any type of accident lately?

Hope he's doing better. That would be a scary situation.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   I am so sorry!  I hope it's minor enough that he can just rest up on and let it heal.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Wishing dh and you speedy complete recovery.

Honored Contributor

OMGosh, that's horrible.  How did he lacerate his spleen?  I didn't think that could just happen.

Hope he's going to be okay. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wishing your dear husband a speedy and complete recovery.

You both must be exhausted from this ordeal.  All my best.

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for the good wishes, we still have no clue how he cause the injury

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Lacerated Spleen

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

My hubby somehow lacerated his spleen, he went to work on Monday with a terrible stomach ache, expecting it to get better, well it did not. At 5 PM were were at the urgent care connected with our internist and at 5:45 we were at the ER. It was surely a day I wish he stayed home

He had a CT scan with IV contrast and then a second one where he drank the contrast.

It was determined that he had a laceration on his spleen. Thing is he does no recall calling or any sort of injury.

He spent two nights in the hospital and has a follow up with the doctor on Monday.

Its been a long week or not knowing which end is up

Other cases of spontaneous ruptured spleen can be seen here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2773315/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3614379/

Honored Contributor
That's awful. Hope he starts feeling better.